Batteries And Chargers.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I need some pointers as to what's it and what isn't in NimH rechargable batteries and chargers these days. :thinking:

I want something that charges 'em real quick and batteries with the best power retention. I don't mind paying within reason, any help gratefully received. Thanks in advance. :)

It's AA size I'm interested in btw.

I picked up a set of Uniross 2100's at Argos with a charger but it's way too slow, I'll need to get a quick charger sorted out even though they say it reduces battery life. Also picked up 12 Encore 2500's from ebay which seem to have great life. Did about 200 shots last weekend with the flash and the first set's still going fine.

Bear in mind though 2100mAh and upwards may be that little bit fatter than normal AA's (have been IME although I can't speak for all batts obviously).

It may not be a problem, but when I used them with my cam, it was a bit of a tight squeeze getting them in.

Have you tried one of these like they use on the African version of the ipod, they're readily available apparently.

pV9BSCDW.jpg

:D :D

I just today got myself a pack of Ansmann rechargable batteries from WHE... They charged quite quick actually and i've been using them in my new 430EX :) Can't give any real opinions yet really, but soon enough :)

RobertP said:
Based on what you said - Ansmann.

Searching for enlightenment, I just found their site! :eek:

The chargers aren't cheap - will they really do what it says on the tin Robert? The one I'm looking at says it charges 4 AAs in an hour regardless of the state of charge! :cautious:

Hacker said:
Have you tried one of these like they use on the African version of the ipod, they're readily available apparently.

pV9BSCDW.jpg

:D :D

Thanks mate! I don't think I need the weight. :LOL:

Another vote here for Ansmann. I've fried batteries in cheap chargers which don't monitor the state of charge of each battery individually. With the Ansmann ones you can charge any number, and most of them are fan-cooled. You can get more rapid ones, but mine is the Digispeed 4 which takes around an hour.

I've never used their chargers but have only heard good things about them.

I have used the batteries. They really do have the capacity stated. When you pick them up they feel like solid lumps of steel. maybe heavier = better?

Thanks for the headsup fellas, I'd never heard of Ansmann. :shrug:

I'm quite liking the look of that Digispeed 4. Charges in 1 hour regardless of the state of charge and you can top them up any time.

http://www.digibattery.co.uk/

Back