batteries and organizing them

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
How do you organise them and what do you use?

My canon has its normal battery, plus i bought a spare, this is charged and ready to go in a side pocket at all times

My fuji had 8 rechargeable 2100mha batteries, 4 fully charged in camera before going out and a set in the side pocket for replaceing, all batteries charged before days out though!

Have the Canon grip which is good for a 800 to 1000 shots without the flash apparently. Have never come close to flattening the batteries. Usually give them a quick boost before going out. Never seems to take more than half an hour for both. Not the best battery management i know.

The Fuji was a pain. 2 sets of batteries, each set good for about 120 shots. Then each set took 14hrs to recharge. always kept a couple of spare sets of normal AA's in my bag just in case.

My old fuji S7000 just ate batteries for breakfast followed by a midday snack of battereis followed by batteries at teatime, and if it was up late it had batteries for supper to :crying: ,

but my Nikon D70 just never seems to die,
the first time i charged it it took over 400 shots( with and without flash) and it never actualy droped the battery power indicator one bit,,
i decided to put it on charge again, even tho it didnt need it and so far thats it, just the 2 charges in two months and over 500 shots, worth the £549 just for that, lol

i have bought a spare rechargable, and nikon did supply an adapter to drop 3 cr2 battereies in for emergencies

MyPix 8)

I put a elastic band around charged batteries which I then have to take off to replace in camera then I know any battery without one is discharged and need's charging and when charged gets a elastic band. This way I never take discharged batteries out with me..we have all done it at one time and cursed.;)

Last edited:
I just put a sticker on each of my batteries number 1 to 4.
If number 3 is in the camera and goes flat, then number 4 goes in next, then 1, then 2 etc. This way all the batteries get cycled regularly

My camera bag has a battery compartment with red flags which you can full out for flat batteries. Any flat batteries when I return get put on charge.

I keep batteries in ThinkTank battery pouches. A two-pocket pouch holds either 2x Fuji or 4x Sigma batteries and meets the airline requirements for avoiding shorts.

Terminals down means a battery is charged and ready for use, terminals up means a used battery that needs to go on the charger when I get home. Simple system.

I put a elastic band around charged batteries which I then have to take off to replace in camera then I know any battery without one is discharged and need's charging and when charged gets a elastic band. This way I never take discharged batteries out with me..we have all done it at one time and cursed.;)
This is what I do and works really well, also do the same for AA, have the plastic boxes that hold 4 and put an elastic band around those that are changed.

My main AA batteries are enloop pros, they are regularly on amazon deals for a almost decent price.

Small change bags from the bank for my Fuji batteries, turned inside out when the battery is flat and vice versa when charged.

Also protects them and makes them OK for travelling as it prevents short circuits

Last edited:
I use the thinktank battery holder for canon batteries, they also have a hole on the orange case bit that comes with the battery and depending on which way around you put it on the battery you will see blue (charged) or black (dead) through the hole on the bottom.

What's the common consensus for the best AA batteries? Links please....

For AA batteries (they do some other sizes) I use storacell powerpax holders for 8 at a time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerPax-12-AA-Battery-Caddy/dp/B004YG7JV4

I also didn't realise this thread is 11 years old.......

Last edited:
I just put a sticker on each of my batteries number 1 to 4.
If number 3 is in the camera and goes flat, then number 4 goes in next, then 1, then 2 etc. This way all the batteries get cycled regularly
I do exactly the same. I do the same with my SD cards too although the thickness of the stickers is more critical.

Nope, because we jump straight to the unread messages. What OlyPaul thought he was doing, however, remains a mystery....

Back