Batteries... Genuine or generic

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to get a spare battery for the D3, now I've always in the past purchased genuine ones, for what reason i don't know. Question is are the generic copies any good, do they hold their charge as long and function in the same way (given that the D3 battery has some sort of built in electronic gubbins)?

We're talking £20 for a generic one and £90 for a genuine one from HK

K20D has no probs with them, seem to last as long, and only a £10 a go.

I guess it depends on how critical your work is... If you're out for a day shooting for fun - it doesn't really matter... If you're doing something because you have to do it - some kind of paid job/contract - then I wouldn't use anything other than an original... as my own opinion. They all look the same on the outside - but they aren't all the same on the inside :)

I'm using aftermarket batteries on my original 1D. Work fine but the capacity isnt as good as the originals.

Having said that they only cost me about £7ish each new so I wont complain too much!!

Well I've bought 4 generic batteries on Ebay in the past 2 years and had no probs.

I paid approx £10.00 for 2 for my 350D and they are excellent, giving at least 500 shots each including the use of an IS lens.

And I've just paid £12.00 for 2 extra ones for a 450D I just bought on here.

The only slight problem I found with them is that they are slightly tight in the cmera bay, but they work perfectly.

Another thing is that they have a higher capacity than the original OEM ones so may last even longer than the Canon ones.

And the saving is VERY significant.

So I'v no problems using the generic ones at all.

hi i use one of each but, there is a differance. the copy does not feed back the number of shots taken whereas the genuine one does. when checking how much power is left hth mike

used 2 clone batteries purchased from 7dayshop for my 30d, absolutely fine.

I used a generic one i bought from Kerso with my 50D.

Lasts longer than my original too.

hmm, so that bug may be the same for the D3 ones then if they're missing the electronics, anyone actually tried one on a D3?

I guess for the price it's worth a try as a backup anyway

Hi

I paid £20 for two batteries for a DCS760. No import tax.
The UK price was £196. I cant tell the difference except for the price.

Graham

Used copies in my 20D- they last as long or longer than the real thing. Not sure what to do about my new baby though (5dm2)

Back