Battersea Power Station - revisit

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a HDR for this one, I knew the light at the front was going to cause issues so I took my 'normal' shot then one realy underexposed to help fill in the detail around the overexposed areas. Quite pleased with it as all my previous night time shots have suffered greatly from over exposed areas. I know its still very prominant and gets in the way but its not half as bad as it was.
1st-hdr.jpg

know its a popular subject so would be keen to see other shots if anyone has any?

its years since I've even seen the old 4-poster, so no chance I can give you another shot to compare with.

but I really dont think you've reached this shot's full potential yet, its got more razzle dazzle in it than is coming across on the screen.
I do believe you have a slight lean, down on the left, about 2 degrees. Work to the building lines, but watch out as there's some tapers in the building (the chimneys are tapered and the 2 sides of the front face look like they have a slight inwards lean too) and there's maybe a bit of lens distortion too?, so maybe line up on the brickwork lines on the side of the station
some sharpening works wonders for it
I'd be tempted to crop out the lone tower block on the right and the half a crane on the left too.

Id been working on that image for quite a while getting to grips with photoshop and this HDR melarky and never once noticed the points you raise above. Just shows what a fresh pair of eyes is worth. Ive had a play with it but fallen out with it now, dont like it at all with the light at the front. Might try and take the picture again at an earlier time, hopefully pre-retina burning night light!
1st-hdr-2.jpg

Can't help with pics of this place but I like yours, especially the sky. That blue light lower right of frame doesn't look right though but other than that(y)

Sadly I don't have any pics of this either, but would love the opportunity.
I agree with Wookie in that there is more potential in this photo. I find the blue light bottom right very distracting, but other than that, I like it.

http://www.urbansickness.co.uk/battersea.html

more pictures of battersea here of mine, click at the bottom of the page for the gallery :)

now thats just showing off!!! (y) amazing pictures there mate especially them taken at high level (965-969). As an electrical engineer I find the old switchgear ones very intresting and taken in a way that makes them look so very oldy worldy (if theres such a word). Would love the opportunity to explore somewhere like that, arent they turning it in to appartments now or something?

been back, wasnt happy with my previous attempt
battersea.jpg

C&C more than welcome

Back