Battery Grip for D40

Edit My Images
Yes
Does anbody know if there is a Nikon battery grip for the D40 or can anybody recommend one of the other makes.

I've seen some of the other brands on fleabay and a couple of online stores but not sure which one to go for. I'm worried that i buy the wrong one and end up wrecking my camera!:eek:

Don't need the extra battery power but the D40 would be easier to use with my 70-300mm lens if it had a grip.The D40 is just too small compared to the lens!:LOL:

Nikon don't make a battery grip for the d40/d40x/d60 body so your only option is one of the aftermarket ones.

The only one I'd even consider is the Hahnel HN-D40 (having used their D70 version with no adverse effects) which runs to about £70 (incl. one battery) in the shops or probably a bit less on Ebay.

HTH

Thanks! I did wonder when i couldn't find a Nikon one despite searching everywhere online! I'll have a look at the Hahnel one. I'll feel happier trying it knowing somebody else has used one without any problems.:D

I've used the Canon retros from China and they work as expected - wouldn't worry too much about brand, pretty sure there's only a few places kicking them out and I've only heard of one (possible) problem ...

... go on buy on and for the best price too :|

Thanks! I did wonder when i couldn't find a Nikon one despite searching everywhere online! I'll have a look at the Hahnel one. I'll feel happier trying it knowing somebody else has used one without any problems.:D

I'd look around and try and get it much cheaper - I paid under £20 for the D70 one, delivered, with 2 batteries and for the quality I would reckon that's about what it's worth, certainly not the £60-70 that the shops want :bonk:

Thanks Totalfusion! Good to know that someone else is using them without a problem!

Flash in the pan you were lucky! Just checked online shops are flogging them for £79 and the only Hahnel one on fleabay is sitting at £69:eek:

Thanks Totalfusion! Good to know that someone else is using them without a problem!

Flash in the pan you were lucky! Just checked online shops are flogging them for £79 and the only Hahnel one on fleabay is sitting at £69:eek:

I did a search on TP and I only found one recent post of an issue. Even if this was a fault of the pack - it's probably as likely to occur as a recocnised manufacturer default :shrug:

Cheers Totalfusion i tried to search for possible prolems online but apart from the usual warnings that use of non Nikon stuff will break your camera and invalidate your warranty
i couldn't find many people who actually had a problem!

Cheers SuperCNJ Great review looks like i'm off to fleabay tonight!

Back