Battery pricing.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ko2wl

How on earth can Canon justify the price of their branded batteries!!. I have read many postings of generic batteries being better in performance than the official Canon BP511, Sterlingtech being one good example, I have a couple of cheapies from Kerso that do the business for me.
It would not surprise me if most of the generic batteries came from the same factory in China that produces them for Canon!.
I would have thought it would be in Canon's own interests to reduce the price of their batteries and gain a decent slice of the aftermarket, or are there enough photographers out there willing to pay over £50 to generate the profits they seek, or is it is a commercial decision to maintain their high profile image by charging an artificially high price.

Ive just bought a twin pack of batteries for the Canon.... £9.99 from 7dayshop. Cheap as chips!

Karen

I've just looked at YEKoYEK's site. the BP511 are only £4.95 each!!!!

stupid question are they any good. Do they last? The last non Canon's I bought were £24.99 each and I thought they were a bargin

a pair of them with postage comes to about £13.00 which is a bit cheaper than 7dayshop but not quite as powerful (1400MAh as opposed to 1500). I've had 7day ones for months and they've been great, but to be honest m8, at that price who cares if they don't last as long, just buy extras. :)

/edit, 7dayshop twinpack is now £9.49 + postage

I've bought a couple of 99p ones from ebay in the past which were fine and last longer than the Canon ones. They still work out slightly cheaper even after the higher p&p costs.

Back