Bayonet to Screwfit adapter.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Good morning filmies,

I managed to get hold of a Carl Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 Planar T* the other day, what I didnt realise however was that the filter fitting is a bayonet one. Can someone please tell me the easiest/cheapest way to convert that to a screw mount so I can use my cokin holder :crying:

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Rob, is that a MF lens, with a Hasselblad Bayonet mount?

I have bougt a chinese made Hasselblad Bayonet to screw mount adapter for Hassy Zeiss lens off the ebay for a few quids.

Rob, is that a MF lens, with a Hasselblad Bayonet mount?

I have bougt a chinese made Hasselblad Bayonet to screw mount adapter for Hassy Zeiss lens off the ebay for a few quids.

Thats right, MF lens for my Hassy

Can't help with the adaptor, but can I just say...

Woooahhhh - that's a big 'un !!! 800mm F2.8 - it must be nearly a foot across at the wide end!

Very likely. Can you tell me what lens it is ( serial numbers of hassy lens help identify the lens and the adapter mount. I think they changed the adapter mount somewhere in the 70s - cant remember why and for which lens)

OK here you go :

Bayonet 50 is for the most common Hasselblad "C" lenses since 1957. When the CF lenses were introduced in 1982, the Bayonet size increased to 60 and nowadays, the CFi uses 70.

For earlier Hasselblad 1600 and 1000...Series filters

There are also Bay 104 for the C version of the 40mm lens

The 350mm and 500mm use either 86mm or 93mm with or without an adapter depending on the lens.

The C versions of the 50mm and 60mm and the 38mm lens of the C-style SWC camera used Series VIII drop in filters

Seems the 50/60/70 refers to the outer lens diameter

Last edited:
Very likely. Can you tell me what lens it is ( serial numbers of hassy lens help identify the lens and the adapter mount. I think they changed the adapter mount somewhere in the 70s - cant remember why and for which lens)

OK here you go :

Bayonet 50 is for the most common Hasselblad "C" lenses since 1957. When the CF lenses were introduced in 1982, the Bayonet size increased to 60 and nowadays, the CFi uses 70.

For earlier Hasselblad 1600 and 1000...Series filters

There are also Bay 104 for the C version of the 40mm lens

The 350mm and 500mm use either 86mm or 93mm with or without an adapter depending on the lens.

The C versions of the 50mm and 60mm and the 38mm lens of the C-style SWC camera used Series VIII drop in filters

Seems the 50/60/70 refers to the outer lens diameter

Thanks Ujjwal, I'm sure all that should compute, but my brains just saying no... My untrained eye would guess the filter diameter is about 60mm, but i could be wrong. The lens has a serial, which I think is Nr6305379 - I will have to do a little hunting around :)

Back