BBC Photographer of the Year - Round 6

C

ChrisB

Not sure which to go for this time.... #6 and #8 are fantastic.... in fact I think I will vote for #6

Round 6 Link

Has anybody from here entered this comp??

Chris.

I have not entered nor will I, as a photographer I have issues with the BBC claiming all rights to my work if I enter it to one of their competitions. This has been discussed previously on the forums somewhere and at some length. It's a real shame, still there are many other prestigious competitions that are not so draconian with their rules.

Having a detailed look at the final 12 pictures, I quite like 1,6,9,10, and 11.

With 6, 10 and then 11 being my favourites when taken in the context of “spaces”. If I am not mistake the subject of number six is the inflatable “thing” that is at Liverpool sometimes and open to the public to run around in. I believe that PeteMC, one of our members, has photographed this on more than one occasion?

Steve said:
I have not entered nor will I, as a photographer I have issues with the BBC claiming all rights to my work if I enter it to one of their competitions...

I didn't know that was part of the rules.... I bet that has been overlooked by most of the entrants :icon_eek:

Steve said:
If I am not mistake the subject of number six is the inflatable “thing” that is at Liverpool sometimes and open to the public to run around in. I believe that PeteMC, one of our members, has photographed this on more than one occasion?

I remember going in one of those when I was a kid... never seen one since - my daughter would love running round in there!!

Chris.

btw... I like #9 as well - it reminds me of the famous ET scene!!

Chris.

Number nine almost made it into my favourite list, it’s a clever interpretation of the theme and is worth a “worthy” mention. I can see the connection with the E.T scene :)

As posted elsewhere, I really like #7.

#6 for me, although #1 & #2 could be used for this months comp here ;)

Back