Beach Star Trails

Yeah, nice photo!

Shame you couldn't make the trails a little longer though!

If I were you, I'd join up the gaps in the plane trails in Photoshop. It's cheating, I know, but I reckon it'd really improve it!

Thanks Matt, yes the location has loads of potential, about 200m further on than this is a martello tower and a collapsed one, however there is a military firing range next to the beach, so i couldnt go any further along the beach than this when i took this as they were firing

Excellent stuff there. Will really have to try this out soon! Really like the lighting on the boats, was it natural or painted? Also the fact you have captured the planet trails really adds to the trails when you know that they are there, stand out quite abit.

Last edited:
Only crit would be the cast on the stones, carry a bit of the orange cellophane wrapper from inside a Jaffa Cake packet to get some orange back in your LED lamp. Otherwise, looks good to me- interesting location, sharp trails, nice sky colour.

If I were you, I'd join up the gaps in the plane trails in Photoshop. It's cheating, I know, but I reckon it'd really improve it!

If you're going to do anything to the plane trails, remove them. Easily done within the affected frames and then restack.

Really nice work! I especially life the plane trails among the star trails!
Nice contrast between artificial light trails and natural light trails! :D

Back