Beardie in Cornwall

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
It's the first time Ive posted pics of our Beardie in here I think, but here he is in our recent visit to Cornwall.

1. Gotta keep cool

4996301553_31258bc7f3_z.jpg

2. Having a shake

4996889906_310863ae7d_z.jpg

3. Windswept

5000808068_ece565bda6_z.jpg

C&C most welcome

I would try and offer some useful crit but I can't see beyond my favourite dog in one of my favourite places. Just love them, thanks for getting my day going on such a lovely note.

D :) .......currently beardieless :(

Amazing now to think the breed almost died out. Back in the 1960s there were only a couple of breeders of beardies in the country.

About 1968 my father appeared one day with a beardie pup for which he'd paid 10/6 (52.5p for younger folks) which had been dumped at a petshop because he was the wrong (sandy) colour. He was the biggest coward out, that dog, and once came hurtling out of a hedge pursued by an obviously angry rabbit.

Hi fordpop,

I really like 1 and 3, the shallow DOF really focuses on the subject and the tongue says to me he is a really "licky" dog!:p
3 shows his shaggy coat brilliantly in a bleak windy landscape, and his lean increases the sense of wind.

I think 2 would have worked better if you had been able to get the sun behind him so the water drops were visible by backlighting ( although looking at the shadow you'd have probably got wet feet:LOL:)

QS

no 3 is gorgeous - love the movement of his coat & the waves, and the colours are just perfect :)

Another vote for #1 and #3

As said above #2 is a great shot of their movement in the shake but the light lets it down but shots like this can only be taken as and when, I've tried planning them but 'the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay'

Well done and thanks for sharing (y)

Stunning photo of a stunning breed. We lost our Beardie two weeks ago today and those photo's really put a smile on my face :D

Absolutely superb photos. Not only great shots of the dog but the background really adds to the photos - often we want backgrounds that don't distract but here the backgrounds add to the shots. These give me goose bumps... I'm a bit dog mad (and I've never owned but always loved Beardies) and also love the more rugged landscapes having grown up in the Outer Hebridees and the West Coast of Ireland.

Back