All new pics this time:D

My fave from the weekend - Protaphorura aurantiaca:
3223728938_626219da42_o.jpg

3223721176_d4f5304b18_o.jpg

(that's a heavy crop from a shot at 5x)

Pogonognathellus longicornis:
3223713158_3e1d6d3c90_o.jpg

And then on Sunday I found more springtails but also found a few spiders:woot:

Should really look these ones up but they're really common all year round up here:
3229308373_91c36ee7bc_o.jpg

Was quite suprised to see a wolf spider in January....shame it didn't want to pose for the camera but I managed to grab a few snaps as it ran for cover....
3229299605_a957ea25bc_o.jpg

I'd look that one up but I'm absolutely useless at IDing wolf spiders! (not sure why I made that one smaller than the others either!!)

C&C always welcome :)

Macro is one of those things that I wish I could do - I'd be more than happy with those! :)

The Pogonognathellus whassitsname has a lovely bit of detail in it. If I can be so bold, what lens were you using for these? (May influence my next purchase ;))

Macro is one of those things that I wish I could do - I'd be more than happy with those! :)

The Pogonognathellus whassitsname has a lovely bit of detail in it. If I can be so bold, what lens were you using for these? (May influence my next purchase ;))

Thanks :) These are all from a Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x macro using a MT-24ex macro twin-flash and 40D. The pogo whatsitsname was taken at a little over 2x so that would also be "doable" with a set of extension tubes on a 60mm or 100mm macro lens....could even get pretty close to it with a set of extension tubes and a 50mm. Depends how much you are wanting to spend...I started with a set of Kenko extension tubes to put on a 50mm I had anyway.

great set of shots, lovely details.

Cheers John :) Here's hoping more colourful beasties come out to play soon!

Back