Beautiful Lenses

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No
Call me mad but there are some lenses I love shooting as much as I love shooting with. IMHO, the early Pentax Takumar range of lenses is among some of the sexiest designs ever produced. This 135mm f/3.5 Super Takumar SMC arrived today and just blew me away. Feel free to post the lenses you just love.

TAKI-135-1-SharpenAI-motion.png

The art of the lens. I have the 200 and it's gorgeous. I just love those rifled barrels. And they do seem to survive in remarkably good condition as well.

Modern Sony e mount Voigtlanders.

wIZIoC4.jpg

Minolta Rokkor 55mm f1.7 MC.

fo6x3SK.jpg

Nippon Kogaku 50mm f2 on a Sony A7.

Jnzf7HW.jpg

Another I like the look of is the compact Olympus Zuiko range, 24, 28 and 35mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8. I have those and more but I don't think I have a picture of one.

Last edited:
Nippon Kogaku 50mm f2 on a Sony A7.

Jnzf7HW.jpg

That was in my opinion the best 50mm lens ever made by Nikon. Bitingly sharp at any aperture, I had one on my Nikon F which I've still got and the lens & camera still work as well and as smooth as the day I bought them.

I think the 50mm f1.8 "pancake" lens is sharper. I have the closer focusing version. It's not IMO a great looking lens so maybe doesn't belong here so this picture is included just for identification purposes.

88gw2Tq.jpg

The OM Zuikos.

end of thread. :cool:

The Tamron AD2 lenses seem good to look at for me...

Tamron Lenses with Nikon D600 GX7 P1140566.jpg

Last edited:
Back