Becky

Name
Nathan Hulse
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone.
I've just managed to get a copy of CS3, and I thought I'd post my first attempt using this, at the every popular skin smoothing.
Let me know your comments good and Bad.
Picture updated with Sharpened version. And a before:-

BEFORE:-
NJHA_1566.jpg

AFTER:-
NJHA_1566_1_.jpg

Last edited:
Did you mask out her eyes before using it? only they seem soft looking.

Have to agree, everything does seem a little too soft....just mask out around her features, it'll make the rest of the image just jump out.

Simon...

Hi Yes,
I did mask around eyes, mouth, eyebrows, and parts of the nose. But I didn't apply any sharping to the image. I'm gonna try and replace with a sharpen version.

Too much. It makes her look a little strange.

And I'm sure that your model didn't actualy need any softening.

Picture does look odd with the work you've done on her face. She certainly looks pretty enough without the need for too much alteration.

To be honest with you if the 'before' shot is her natural skin I wouldn't both to do anything with it, just sharpen up the photo......her skin is lovely as it is.

Simon

Natjag..

Not bad since its first go, I do not know what method for smoothing you are using but I take it you are applying this with Mask and on separate layer.. If so try pulling back on the opacity of the layer and you will be able to pick a happy medium between detail loss and perfect skin.

Shutterman

Thanks for your comments everyone. This is a new area to learn for me, so all comments will be taken on board and put into action next time. But maybe not quite as much action, if you get my gist.

She seems fine in the 1st one, why change :)

Thats is a good question and I do agree with you. However, I've just got CS3, and skin smoothing is requested frequently by female models. Personally I wouldn't apply it. But thats what they want and the magazines favor for studio shots. Basically, it will help pay some bills. From a recent stevenage studio meet (the first of two) one of the models, even asked if I could do it for her, or if she minded someone else 'air brushing' for her. Personally I didn't think she needed it, but she did.
So it's a technique I need to be able to master and do efficiently in a way that doesn't look over the top or false.

I know on TP, I will get honest feedback.

The before image didn't need any skin smoothing. She has lovely natural skin tone on her face lucky girl. I would probably have used the healing brush or spot healer to get rid of the moles on her body is all (y)

Back