Bee Save

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I found this little fella floating in our kids paddling pool. Rescued him and let him dry out on the patio table in return for modelling for me. He flew off after a nice long rest.

Taken with 50mm enlarger lens on macro bellows with extension tubes fitted.
External Flash SB900
Aperture F16
Shutter Speed 125

Hope you like it (y)

Any C&C appreciated

332w5xs.jpg

:eek: Never knew they looked like that close up... Amazing shot thou... Not sure if its my notebook (10' screen) but is the left eye a tadge slightly OOF & more focused on the "grin"....

But like I say, awesome (y)

(just hope that it appreciated you saving it from drowning thou :LOL:)

:eek: Never knew they looked like that close up... Amazing shot thou... Not sure if its my notebook (10' screen) but is the left eye a tadge slightly OOF & more focused on the "grin"....

But like I say, awesome (y)

Thanks for the comment.

(just hope that it appreciated you saving it from drowning thou :LOL:)

Wow - look at the detail you've captured on the eye!

I'm still very much learning and macro just seems like it is the most challenging and rewarding for me at the moment. I'm hoping to get a little better than this but the bee was recovering from nearly drowning and was very still, I wonder if I will get the same or better results with a more active one.

Last edited:
....... I wonder if I will get the same or better results with a more active one.

That would be a question for one of the "macro" buffs if I was honest, as they would prob give you some ideas on how they do this kind of photography...

Nice try but there's nothing really sharp here, no detail in the eye at all! Try upping the shutter speed to 1/200th, less chance of a double image then.

Back