Beech Trees

Name
William A Dobson
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken a few weeks ago, slight hdr.
beechtreescolour.jpg

I think you done a good job on the processing although the rhs of the trees seems a little bluer and you clipped the top of the first tree but still quite pleasing.
Ken.

lose the left hand side of the photo it's boring in comparison to the other half put the lower fence post in the left corner

yes the tree was clipped by me not taking enough care when I took the photo, and yes old you are right theres not a lot going on in the left hand side, I tried making it into a portait photo but I never like them, am not sure why though! :help:

I think Ken hit the nail on the head. The rhs blue is causing the big problem in this picture. Oldgit has a point in losing part of the image to try to regain the balance however there is a picture in there and you must have seen it. Converted to mono this is a very different image and compositionally very good.

This is my take but you could go in many different directions:
beechtreescolour1.jpg

Thanks himupnorth,I have actually done a b-w one too but wasnt sure which one I like best, as I am a tree fan and these beeches are not too far away I have taken photos of them on more than one occasion too! The lane is a public one and a figure or two would help the photo too I reckon.
I will post my b-w one as well, am thinking I made it maybe on the dark side too. (y)

Back