Been busy working on the Jaguar again......

Edit My Images
Yes
please excuse the photographic quality , taken on a compact with oily hands, lol

have fully rebuilt the front of my 5.3 Ltr V12 Jaguar XJS over the last few months or so

Jaguar+052+_Medium_.jpg

started out like this, full of bad rust etc,

DSCN0892+_Medium_.JPG

Let in brand new Jaguar panels , and welded into place

DSCN0994+_Medium_.JPG

primed up and ready for paint

DSCN0997+_Medium_.JPG

painted up in original Jaguar white

MyPix/BB

DSCN1005+_Medium_.JPG

original components refurbished and refitted

DSCN1014+_Medium_.JPG

DSCN1015+_Medium_.JPG

Three new radiators fitted ( water , oil and aircon ) with new Kevlar water pipes, new oil cooler pipes , new fan belts,

viscouse fan removed and new electric fans to be fitted later,
flushed the system and filled with coolant,

connected battery back up after 6 months and she fired first turn of the key....good girl....

nothing like the sound of a puring V12 to make you smile:)

all comments welcome ( non photographic , lol )

MyPix/BB

for those who are wondering what a Jaguar XJS looks like,

well, there you go

P47011.jpg

MyPix/BB

My rear wiper motor is busted, how soon can you come round?

I admire your patience MyPix, no way could I ever do that! :)

looking good vince, very impressive!

Who's a clever boy then! :clap: Looks great - would love to see the end result. I'm a typical girl when it comes to cars. I know where to put the petrol in, and that's about it :eek: :LOL:

Was wondering where you had disappeared to - your absence on the forums had been noticed!

Classy job, I'm really impressed with that amount of work and dedication.... So many of these projects bite the dust when people are faced with the actual realities of getting the job completed.

Excellent work , it's looking good. Got any spare V12s about , could do with one in the Vectra........

minimeeze said:
I'm a typical girl when it comes to cars. I know where to put the petrol in, and that's about it :eek: :LOL:

That's pretty good , when I was at college I used to work nights at a petrol station to earn beer tokens;). One night a woman drove in and asked me where the petrol goes as it was her husband car & she didn't know :eek:

Beautiful cars.

Mt 2 ex gaffers from my first job had one a piece.

I remember them taking a client out for a 'spin'...took off on a hump-backed bridge and nearly flattened an out of sight cyclist on the other side. (Lumps in Lycra ain't pretty)
One of them replaced his eventually with a customised Mustang Wildcat :eek:

Back