Been playing with one of these

Edit My Images
Yes
USB turntable to make MP3s (backups of course:D ) out of all my old vinyl LPs and singles.

USB_TT2.jpg

Its been years since I had a turntable and I wanted to listen to some of my old tunes again. A lot of them you just can't buy on CD and don't find anywhere on the net :shrug: .

Takes quite a while to record each one (you have to play the whole record through, then you get some software to reduce noise/scratches etc), but its been worth it.

Would take far to long to do all my old LPs, but its good for those important ones.

Just a few more to do, then its off on eB :)

lol cool!

That looks great. I have loads of Lp's that I can't play anymore cos I don't have anything to play them on.... but I really don't want to part with them. I've bought most of them on cd now. There was something really special about buying an LP that you just don't get with CD's.

There was something really special about buying an LP that you just don't get with CD's.

Yes...the scratches!! LOL

I bought a small Bush turntable with pre-amp for £50 recently and some Magix software to get rid of scratches and turn to mp3.

Big project but good fun.

Yes...the scratches!! LOL

:LOL:

My cd's still get scratched in the car :( which is why I now resort to making a copy just for playing in the car. When everything used to be on vinyl, it was great because they'd come in limited edition colours, gatefold sleeves, lyric pages, stickers (ok, I was young :p) etc. It just isn't the same with cd's.

Would take far to long to do all my old LPs, but its good for those important ones.

:D

I remember deciding to try and record all my vinyl to HD once, I've collected a couple of thousand of lps and that, as you do ... I soon realised that recording would take (working from 9-5, five days a week) ... SIX months. :eek:

...never happend obviously. :D

I bought a small Bush turntable with pre-amp for £50 recently and some Magix software to get rid of scratches and turn to mp3.

Big project but good fun.

Hey up Janice..... your a bit of a tech'y at heart arn't you :D (y)

If i send ya a some records would ya record them for us? ;)

Min, I hear ya!
It was such fun chasing around the shops for the limited editions.
OOh I must have lost some hours in Reddingtons Rare records over the years!
Still have quite a bit of vinyl left but I gave a lot away as they havent seen a turntable in about 10 years. :(

If i send ya a some records would ya record them for us? ;)
Looks like we'd better form a queue ;)

Looks like we'd better form a queue ;)

If you lived local I'd record a few for you all, but it takes quite a while. You have to play the record (you can speed a 33rpm one to 45rpm if you want), then run the software to remove hiss etc and it takes a while to run, so its a bit of faffying around really. I've only recorded about 10 LPs plus some singles and after the first 2 I havent bothered running the noise reduction software on them.

I've got lots of LPs left but I don't have time to record them all :shrug: . Too much work on :bang:

So I'm packing it in its box tonight and sticking it on ebay. That should give me funds to buy another geeky gadget to occupy more of the time I don't have :D

Rich

Back