Bees, doin' bee stuff!

Edit My Images
Yes
Just got round to uploading some of my pics taken over the summer and found these shots of Bees.

Any thoughts/advice? I'm no expert on bugs or photographing them!

1416371393_283f7e9df2.jpg

1416371253_9adc0f3230.jpg

TFL

BM

Bees, doin' bee stuff hey?
So just Beeing really then. :thinking:

I like them both. Although I think No.1 would benefit from a severe crop and No.2 from a more conservative crop.

I bought a macro lens earlier this year and have been enjoying the odd insect shot with it. If you enjoy taking this sort of picture I'd recommend the investment, I think you'd get some great shots.

1416729057_76c38642ed.jpg

Here's a tighter crop of the first one. Is that any better?

As for the second one, unfortunately that's straight-from-the-camera so a more conservative crop isn't possible. :shrug:

Thanks for the comment, Spannerdude. I'd love to give the macro stuff a go. Will have to wait til funds allow tho! :)

BM

(y) That's what I meant for the first one.
For the second one I meant a tighter crop but more conservative than the crop the first one needed. :thinking:

I've had my head buried in event log files all week and I'm sure I'm losing all grasp on the English language :nuts::help:

I see! It may well have been my work-addled brain causing the problem tbh! :wacky:

I'll have a go at cropping the second image later on. I'm thinking of trying to lose the bottom-right flower all together.

Think cropping is one of the things I need to work on. Need to get braver!

Thanks for the tips, Spannerdude (y)

Back