Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Great Crested Grebe (Lakeside Eastleigh):

Before diving.........
3538629181_1e2cd7729d_o.jpg

.......and after
3539440886_56a65ccb9f_o.jpg

Both cropped (ruddy things wouldn't come anywhere near to the edge of the lake)!

These were believed to have two chicks.......saw one chick at the meet last Wednesday......couldn't see any chicks today:shake:

C & C always welcome

Practising for the comp are we Keith? :nono::nono:
Nice shots and cropped well to (y)

Nice shots Keith. The chicks have started to go off some distance from mum and now. Have seen them diving as well. Not seen them catch anything though.

Keith, are grebes stillwater only birds?

Very rarely do I go to stillwater,rivers hold my interest more.

I have never seen them so can`t really say too much.They look decent shots to me all the same........(y)

Practising for the comp are we Keith? :nono::nono:
Nice shots and cropped well to (y)

Thanks for commenting.............and yes, I need the practice:LOL:

Nice shots Keith. The chicks have started to go off some distance from mum and now. Have seen them diving as well. Not seen them catch anything though.

Thanks Dave.........I was worried they had lost them. The one we saw on the nest was still there.

Keith, are grebes stillwater only birds?

Very rarely do I go to stillwater,rivers hold my interest more.

I have never seen them so can`t really say too much.They look decent shots to me all the same........(y)

Thanks for commenting....according to my copy of Collins Complete Guide to English Birds they favour large, fish rich lakes, reservoirs and flooded gravel pits. So the answer to your question is probably yes:)

The place where these are is made up of flooded gravel pits with lots of fish in them! Even so, there don't seem many about and Lakeside is the only place I've seen them.

I've only ever seen a couple on rivers, and I think they were just off chances (as they were seen in places I visit regularly)...all the ones I know of in my locality are lake based!

Good shots :)

I've only ever seen a couple on rivers, and I think they were just off chances (as they were seen in places I visit regularly)...all the ones I know of in my locality are lake based!

Good shots :)

Thank you..........I've never seen one on a river yet (but then again my experience of togging on rivers is very limited)!

Back