Beginner Beginner to city and people

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, with a week off trying my hand at different photography. I'm meeting a friend for a drink in London central and going to spend the afternoon shooting people; which I've never done and some buildings. Been to the city loads of times mainly as a tourist with the usual haunts, but would like some advice on shooting off the track. Places like brick lane and Denmark street spring to mind. Meeting my friend at Shaftesbury avenue at six so need not stray far away.
Getting excited about stopping people and off the cuff taking their portrait. Need to get out of my comfort zone and push myself as I learn new skills
Thanks for any help. Hope this is the best place for advice.
Ps if anybody wants to meet between twelve and five would enjoy the company!

Central London is as good a place to start as any. Everyone is used to people with cameras, and seem to be too busy with their own lives to worry about what anyone else is doing.
Enjoy it and don't try too hard to be "Discrete"...you'll just draw attention to yourself.

Thanks graham, best advice I heard was the same as you said. Don't hide like a spy just shoot with confidence. Discreet just draws attention.

Back