Beginner

Name
doh!
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently bought my wife some s/h kit from the clasifieds here, a Canon 30d and a Sigma 150macro and today was really her first attempts in anger at photography other than the odd p/s shots on holiday.
I had more fun watching her chasing butterflies than probably anytime taking pictures myself :)

I haven't tried macro myself so it's probably the blind leading the blind but I've been trying to explain to her aperture, dof, shutter speed and iso but she kind of glazes over after a few minutes :LOL: so I basically threw her in the deepend, set the iso, stuck the camera on manual, set shutterspeed to 320 and told her to adjust aperture to get the correct exposure using the scale in the viewfinder with advice about very shallow dof if it's too wide. Seemed to go well and she's learning fast. I think she'll be able to adjust all the manual settings to suit in no time. Also stuck with autofocus for now.

Here's a few shots, advice very welcome.

thanks for looking.

Excellent first time shot's #1 is a tad OOF but the other's have nice detail and colour, well done Mrs Davie:):):)

Thanks Terry, yep the first one is a little off. Wasn't sure whether to post them here or on 'photos for pleasure'

I'm delighted she's getting interested in it, may make spending on new kit a bit easier :naughty:

Back