Being brave, first posted pics so be nice!

Edit My Images
No
Gonna be brave and put up 3 pics for your viewing so feel free to offer advice tips but be gentle!

The first two were spur of the moment as i was out taking pics of the car but i think they came out ok

**PICS REMOVED FOR RESIZING**

I really like the 2nd one due to the colour "flare" on the one cloud

That one is just a different take on a gear nob and the shadow to me works quiet well?

Just to add they were taken on a Canon 350D with a 18-300mm Tamron lens

#2 is very nice! Beautiful.
#1's almost there, but maybe needs a little brightening up; it looks a little 'muddy' to me. Nice composition, though. :)
I'm not sure about #3. I like the sort of pseudo-B&W thing it's got going on, but I'm not sure about the crop. Maybe a landscape framing would work better?

Good stuff! :)

Carrot said:
#2 is very nice! Beautiful.
#1's almost there, but maybe needs a little brightening up; it looks a little 'muddy' to me. Nice composition, though. :)
I'm not sure about #3. I like the sort of pseudo-B&W thing it's got going on, but I'm not sure about the crop. Maybe a landscape framing would work better?

Good stuff! :)

Cheers dude, i can see what you mean about the first one looking a bit muddy, but composition is my main thing i'm trying to improve at the momemt so glad thats ok!

The bottom pic was actually taken in portrait and hasn't been cropped at all on that but here is one that was done in landscape of the same gearnob

PICS BEING RESIZED

I recognise that gear lever......I also recognise the user name ;)

Hows it going m8...I'm stumpy from the CTr boards....(if it ever comes back on)

2 is the better for me,

where's the pics of the car then?

Nick soz mate - can you just resize your pics - we allow 160 kb max and 800 pixels along the longest side for pics displayed in threads. You can link to larger pics off site if you like. This is mainly in consideration for people with slow connections. Thanks mate! :)

The thing with balloons in the air like that is there are two ways to tackle them. Meter for the sky which comes out perfectly as it has in your shots, but you get a silhouetted (under exposed) balloon, or meter on the balloon when you get more detail and colour in the balloon, but the sky tends to over-expose but that can often be rectified with some Photoshop adjustment.

I prefer your second balloon shot for the nice sky, and overall I like you B&W gearstick shot in portrait mode the best. :)

CT said:
Nick soz mate - can you just resize your pics - we allow 160 kb max and 800 pixels along the longest side for pics displayed in threads. You can link to larger pics off site if you like. This is mainly in consideration for people with slow connections. Thanks mate! :)

The thing with balloons in the air like that is there are two ways to tackle them. Meter for the sky which comes out perfectly as it has in your shots, but you get a silhouetted (under exposed) balloon, or meter on the balloon when you get more detail and colour in the balloon, but the sky tends to over-expose but that can often be rectified with some Photoshop adjustment.

I prefer your second balloon shot for the nice sky, and overall I like you B&W gearstick shot in portrait mode the best. :)

Hi CT, yeah i'll get the pics resized for you, sorry dude :icon_redf
Thanks for the comments though buddy!

Hi Stumpy, CT linked us on the new forum and there seems to be an influx of new CTR guys on here!

I'll get the pics of the car resized and get them up aswell!

You'll have to put up with the cr having character though ie i'm too lazy to clean it!!!

Ahem.........cough.cough and all that marlarky

I know I don't have the CTR anymore, but whats all this talk of a new board?
I've been getting a closed screen on the other board for the last 3 days and thought it was because of the evostu issues.

prey tell the url....:)

Back