Bellows again

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Still haven't got the right mount....bought a t2 adapter and "No nailsed" it to the mount I got with the bellows, Seems to have done the job!
Focus and dof are tricky....

img6736010le.jpg

img6762018bx.jpg

img6774017my.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

Wow - the detail in the first shot is amazing - you can even see the tiny little hairs on it's feelers. I'm presuming its a woodlouse or something like that!
Keep them coming - I never tire of looking at macro shots like this.

Great shots - especially #1. Something else on my shopping list now. :p

For focusing, have you tried the Canon Angle Finder C? Makes life a lot easier because of the switchable higher magnification, and also keeps your knees dry for low-level shots. ;)

What sort of settings are you using for these Ken? Seem very grainy.

I've found that with my extension tubes that it's best to extend the shutter time rather than boost the ISO. Probably not possible with the bug mind :D.

Maybe also look into running it through some noise software?

Of course if these are just test shots (or I'm talking rubbish) then ignore me :D.

:)

Thanks guys,
silkstone said:
Great shots - especially #1. Something else on my shopping list now. :p

For focusing, have you tried the Canon Angle Finder C? Makes life a lot easier because of the switchable higher magnification, and also keeps your knees dry for low-level shots. ;)
Silky....got to be honest, I did't know what a angle finder was.....just googled it but at about £125 it'll have to wait as I fancy the battery grip and or flash first.

SammyC said:
What sort of settings are you using for these Ken? Seem very grainy.

It was very overcast outside with very little light coming into the kitchen, I also made it worse by having folded card around the lens to keep the bug in, so very little light. I think all of these were Iso 400 for about 30 secs, maybe when the weather pics up and it's not windy I'll be able to do these outside for more light.
The first is a woodlouse, the second grass seed but anyone know what the third is?

I also took some of a little tiny spider but through the lens looked like a giant. Being that close to it was tricky trying to focus cos everytime it moved the camera went flying......hope you can imagine how difficult this was for me hating creeply crawlies so much!
Thanks again.
Ken.

I found that the 50mm (I assume you're using this one) really fell down on sharpness at anything above f14. f8 was the best but the dof at this was waaaay too small.

The lens is a Carl Ziess Jenna Tessar 50mm F2.8 but these were shot at f22.....I don't have a clue what I'm doing so it's all trial and error but the set up only cost me £8 and although It could do with a good clean it's fun.

Try a few at a larger app, i.e. getting into the lens' optimum range. I found it made a BIG difference!

Worth a play anyway :)

flippin heck that first one is detailed! good stuff Ken, really well done

I've seen something that looks like number 3 and I'll be jiggered if I can remember where!

I like these extreme macro shots and you've done well considering the limtations you've put on yourself with the bellows.

What's next? Tunneling scanning electron microscopy?

That first one is amazing, great stuff :)

Back