Benici Comet II service/repair

Name
Simon Longhurst
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently been given a Benici Comet II with a roll of film and would like to get the camera serviced before I attempt to use it as the shutter isn't working and focus ring is a bit sticky.
Would anyone happen to have details of somebody who could take on the task of getting this done?

Where are you located?

From what I can see on Camerapedia, it looks like that camera uses 127 format film, which is quite difficult to get hold of and even harder to get processed unless you diy. You may want to consider that before paying for a CLA, unless you already have film and processing sussed. Just a thought.

Sussex but happy to post out

As Lindsay said. You could try Sopers, in Plymouth. I don't have any experience of them, but they came up.

and fyi you can occasionally get 127 films from Analogue Wonderland and Nik & Trik , and both offer Deve and print/scan I think, although I found when I sent one to Nik & Trik it took about two months to come back as they need to set up their machine especially for that format.

Thanks for alll the advice about film, anyone know of a good ervicing company, I know ow it will cost more than the camera is worth but I fancy trying it out.

Good for you Simon. Doing something because you can and why not is often worthwhile just for the craic!

Last edited:
Back