Best 3G option for Lenovo Netbook ?

Edit My Images
No
I've just purchased a Lenovo S10 Netbook and am looking to add 3G connectivity. The Netbook has both USB ports and an Expresscard card but looking around most 3G seems to be in the form of USB modems, Vodafone seem to be the only one offering an Expresscard although this suggests speeds of upto 7.2mbps whilst the USB modems seem to be limited to around 3.2mbps

Would appreciate some advice on choosing between USB & Expresscard

thanks

Simon

3g is the (now) older generation of mobile internet, I use my phone's HSPDA which is significantly faster (beats my home bb with good signal) and that would be the standard to go for in whichever package you choose.
I don't know much about the difference between express and usb however sorry.

on second thoughts i think 3g is 3.2 mbps max so the vodaphone card is hspda soon enough i suppose a usb stick will be released with hspda connectivity, depends whether you care (usb vs express) and how time dependent you are

3g is the (now) older generation of mobile internet, I use my phone's HSPDA which is significantly faster (beats my home bb with good signal) and that would be the standard to go for in whichever package you choose.
I don't know much about the difference between express and usb however sorry.

on second thoughts i think 3g is 3.2 mbps max so the vodaphone card is hspda soon enough i suppose a usb stick will be released with hspda connectivity, depends whether you care (usb vs express) and how time dependent you are

Thanks for the info..I've done a little more research & Vodafone are currently offering "upto 7.2MB with either the express card or USB dongle, this is HSPDA I think..it does say however that not all mobile masts are equipped for this so not sure how good the coverage is yet at the higher rate.

Even the standard 3.2MB sounds pretty decent considering I'll mostly be accessing the www & emails, not really intending to do much downloading, the home PC is much better equipped for that.

A "pay as you go" package may suit my needs better as whilst at home I'll just run the Netbook off my wireless router. Unfortunately "pay as you go" options don't seem particularly good and most are not available outside the U.K either.

Currently this seems to be the cheapest deal available..

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mob...&WT.mc_id=DGM-01-03-2007-D010&WT.mc_evt=click

Simon

Ive been told that an average 2hrs browsing time (no downloads) would use 1Gb... is this true do you know?

That sounds way too high..most of the mobile broadband suppliers state around 30hrs, not too sure how accurate this figure is either but if you said
20hrs you'd be on the safe side

Back