Best bag for a pro zoom D-SLR kit?

Edit My Images
Yes
Having been a hardcore film user, I'm now the proud owner of a Canon EOS 5D and a couple of pro lenses, 24-70mm and 70-200mm f/2.8 :nuts:

Having used amateur-grade kit up to now, I didn't realise how big and heavy the lenses were! I went into my local Jessops and got them to let me try the 5D/24-70mm combo in all their Lowepro bags. It would only fit in the larger ones, and there was no room for the 70-200mm. The Lowepro's seem pitched at photographers with lots of small lenses :(

Any suggestions on a decent bag for my kit? I'd be interested to know what the pros use, I imagine a lot of them have to lug around a couple of largish zooms and a flash.

I thought of putting it all in an ordinary rucksack, but they tend not to be as well-padded as proper camera bags.

Thanks,

A.

I just got the Lowepro Vertex 300, its massive! Will be plenty of room for your kit and space for other things too.

try looking n the lowepro site: www.lowepro.co.uk or www.lowepro.com.

another couple of makes to look at are tamrac and crumpler, both widely available from camera shops

Beat too it :bang:

I have the Lowepro Vertex 300aw as well. Fits my 1dmk3 with 70-200 or 300mm lens on, as well as having room for another body and a couple of lenses. It took ages moving the dividers around though to get the perfect layout. :thinking:

Jessops stock what Jessops can sell so they stock for the amateur market. As mentioned have a look at Lowepro website and I'm not sure where you are but Calumet stock a lot of really good Pro equipment if you prefer to try it out.
There are plently of good rucksacks for cameras if you prefer to carry your gear that way.
Happy hunting!

I've a couple of lowpro bags. The Mini Treker and the Slingshot 300 will take my 5D and 70-200.

If you can find a shop with them in stock have a look at Kata. I’ve got one of their older lighting cases and it’s as tough as you get.
The R-103 is quite a small rucksack to look at it but I’ve now seen a couple of guys using them stuffed with kit, including long lens on camera body in central compartment with other lens(s) and stuff (including a pano nija QTVR head in one case!) around the remainder of the space. I think I’m right in saying this also takes a laptop, but don’t quote me on that.

Back