Best Film to use in Minolta Dynax 7000i?

Edit My Images
No
I am in the process of looking to buy a DSLR camera. I have a few cameras one being a Minolta Dynax 7000i. I have been using it in automatic mode until now and have been using Kodak 400 film mainly for outdoor shots. I dont know if this is best for camera and quality of prints? Any suggestions?

Minolta Dynax 7000i
God I had one when it 1st came out, a great camera.
It had those silly cards you put in for new functions.
R.I.P Minolta.

Ok not great reply. Was given it and now doing course and buying canon eos450d. Disappointed with forums so far.

try the bit that says film at the top

I am in the process of looking to buy a DSLR camera. I have a few cameras one being a Minolta Dynax 7000i. I have been using it in automatic mode until now and have been using Kodak 400 film mainly for outdoor shots. I dont know if this is best for camera and quality of prints? Any suggestions?

Film related q & a's here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

There is no 'best' film for a camera but there are 'best' films for your subject: portraits,landscapes, weddings,sport etc will all require different film type and speed.
If, by outdoor shots, you mean landscape then a slower film would be better to record finer detail as most things in the scene will be static. But if your are taking a wide range of subject shots that happen to be outdoors then you need to compromise between speed and quality and possible go for a faster film.

Best you try several makes and speeds and see which one(s) best suit your subjects

What 'Kodak 400' film - they make a few (transparency, print, B&W, C41 B&W...) You mention prints so I assume you have used a bog-standard ISO400 print film?

What are you shooting (landscapes, portraits, kids on holiday, still life...) and how much light and with what lenses...

Before people can give you meaningfull answers, or a 'great reply' you have to tell us a few things, there is no such thing as a 'Best Film' (or anything else in life come to that)

As 'Slipper-one' pointed out above ^^^, it might pay to post this question in the 'Film & Conventional' forum.

Back