Best lens for kids party?

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all.

Having sold the Nifty (D'oh!) I find myself sans lens for my God son's 7th birthday party next Saturday...

What would be a decent lens (Canon fit) for me to hire for the weekend? I need an allrounder that will be pretty fast.

I'm thinking of hiring from LFH.

Cheers,
Nick

Morning all.

Having sold the Nifty (D'oh!) I find myself sans lens for my God son's 7th birthday party next Saturday...

What would be a decent lens (Canon fit) for me to hire for the weekend? I need an allrounder that will be pretty fast.

I'm thinking of hiring from LFH.

Cheers,
Nick

Something like a 24-70 f2.8 might be worth a go ,you'll be able to keep a nice distance so the little devils don't notice you :D,leaving a better chance of getting a more natural shot (y)

Something like a 24-70 f2.8 might be worth a go ,you'll be able to keep a nice distance so the little devils don't notice you :D,leaving a better chance of getting a more natural shot (y)

Or the 24-105 f4 IS - not got the 2.8 low light but the IS will stand you in good stead but also give you the reach. Is also generally considered to be slightly sharper than the 24-70.

Good luck (y)

From my experience kids usually act naturally around photographers anyway. I agree with mxfun about the 24-70 f2.8 or something in that range. It'll give you the distance if you need it, yet wide and quick enough if they run towards you and start playing up to camera.

Thanks for the replies all (y)

I always use my 85mm F1.8 (on a 5D) so I'd have to say 50mm F1.4 for a crop body. The extreme aperture will get you the subject isolation you need.

As I clicked on the thread link I was thinking..... Nifty Fifty! then read your post and you have just sold one DOH! exactly....... I would get another one :)

As I clicked on the thread link I was thinking..... Nifty Fifty! then read your post and you have just sold one DOH! exactly....... I would get another one :)

LOL Tell me about it... I may have to contact Kerso..!

LOL Tell me about it... I may have to contact Kerso..!

I couldn't do without mine! I have two now (thanks PD!). It is the default lens on my camera. I bought a D200, D40x kit, 18-200vr, 105mm vr, sb600 and sb800 a couple of years ago and they gave me an extra discount which came to £55 which was just enough to pay for the AF50mm f/1.8 so I thought should I or shouldn't I then oh go on then and added it to the order....... I am seriously glad that I did I have taken more pictures with it than the other two lenses put together. It does not even matter if it is Nikon or Canon either it is just superb. I would love a f/1.2 though :razz:

I just wish it was a little wider BUT when I get my D700 it will be :clap:

ADDED: When I have my D700 and bought a certain lens that a member on here has (if he still has it) then I will be upgrading one of the f1.8s to f1.4..... do you get the idea that I like them :)

Back