Beginner Best monitor under £150

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I've just set myself up with a PC for my editing.

Now I'm after a good value 24 inch display with the best qualities for editing within my maximum budget of £150?

I know this is a meagre budget but its the best I can afford. I've been doing some research and I know that IPS is the way to go. I just can't work out which is going to have the best colour reproduction and contrast at that price.

Any suggestions/advice welcome. I appreciate to get the best from any monitor I will have to calibrate it properly in line with my room temperature.

I am currently leaning toward the Samsung LS24D590PL or the slightly cheaper Asus VC239H unless anyone can suggest a better option?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
there are apple 23 inch monitors in the for sale
section could be worth a look and are priced in your budget
cheers
B

Hi Ladybird,
Why would i want to buy a 2nd hand monitor over something new? Also im on a PC not a mac would they work?
Excuse my ignorance!

Yes they would work, it's only a monitor.

A good 2nd hand one could be better than a cheap new one.

You won't have access to the classified section just yet, you will need to be active and posting before you can get access.

Hi

Nothing wrong with a well looked after used one. I would suggest going for one of the dell IPS monitor. You also need to factor in the cost of calibrating the monitor.

Hi

Nothing wrong with a well looked after used one. I would suggest going for one of the dell IPS monitor. You also need to factor in the cost of calibrating the monitor.

Are you talking about a used dell or new? any particular model?

Thanks for all your advice everybody. Ive taken it onboard and after having a look around (and slightly stretching my tight budget) have come up with these two, Is one better than the other? and for what reason? I cant see that the display from laptops direct has any warranty.

Laptops Direct-Dell UltraSharp U2414H GRADE A1 - As new but box opened

NRG IT-Dell UZ2315H Ultrasharp 23 Inch Monitor with 3 year warranty

Thank you again

Jake,

Sorry cannot help with which is better, hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will provide additional information. Have tagged @neil_g and @Phil V .

Thanks

No problem you have been a great help so far thanks. Im going to have a dig around on the net and try and find for myself. I just get a headache when i read all the technical jargon. Cheers

Thanks for all your advice everybody. Ive taken it onboard and after having a look around (and slightly stretching my tight budget) have come up with these two, Is one better than the other? and for what reason? I cant see that the display from laptops direct has any warranty.

Laptops Direct-Dell UltraSharp U2414H GRADE A1 - As new but box opened

NRG IT-Dell UZ2315H Ultrasharp 23 Inch Monitor with 3 year warranty

Thank you again
Well just in case you hadn't realised, one of those is smaller with speakers, the other is slightly larger, other than that the specs are similar, and either would do.

Thanks to everyone that recommended dell displays in the end ive gone for a cost effective P2414H which from what ive read compares to ultrasharp's but is cheaper and not as pretty a design.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that recommended dell displays in the end ive gone for a cost effective P2414H which from what ive read compares to ultrasharp's but is cheaper and not as pretty a design.

Any comments to share on the P2414H ?

Back