Best netbook ...

Name
Ryan S
Edit My Images
No
Well as the title says really, what's the best netbook out there ? Also which is best if your on a budget ...

Cheers,

Depends on a) what you want it for and b) what your budget is.

Hard to answer otherwise but I have an Asus EEe PC 900HA, with 160GB drive and 2 GB RAM, runs Windows XP and I have Photoshop and Picasa installed, it is small, very portable, has wireless and a webcam and does what I want a netbook to do.

I have just got the ACER Aspire One. £279 in currys. Thats with £100 off they are doing at the moment. It is great, I also have an Acer laptop and can't fault it.

I've had an NC10 since they went on sale.

Awesome little machine though I beleive there's a newer model out there now.

Another vote for the NC10. I have one. It's fab. ^^^ Sorry, bit of a mess up there. I've only got one :)

Yes the samsungs are very nice machines. They also run windows 7 very well if you ever are planning to upgrade...

I have an Aspire One.

512mb RAM, massive 160gb HDD, running on trial of Windows 7.

Great machine - but battery has recently failed - waiting to go back to Acer.

Other than that a great recommend.

My NC10 has just been on holiday with me. Battery lasts forever. 7 hours is possible. Stored and viewed my raws, browsed via wireless networking and skyped home to keep in touch on the cheap.

Another vote for the NC10, had a couple of Asus EEEPCs - the orginal 701 was too small, the 900 had battery life issues and the build quality wasn't great. The NC10 is the perfect size (especially the keyboard) and blend of power and fantastic battery life. Running Mint Linux 7 on mine and from hitting the power button to surfing the web takes a little over 45 seconds!

Carl

I bought the Acer aspire one(XP version) for my wife,its been very good but now tempted to sell it as its had really little use.

I was going to suggest the Eee PC range but I think the Samsung is the favoured one here. I was looking at them as well, does anyone know if the RAM in the Samsung can be upgraded to 2GB so things run a little smoother?

The NC10 is a great piece of kit and the new model is the NC110.
Apparently the NC110 has a battery life of 9 hours!

Another happy NC10 owner. There is a 2GB RAM stick you can get off amazon for about £20-30 and it makes it even faster. Well worth getting imo.

Maybe you could get a good second hand NC10. I guess for just photo storing and web browsing the new one might be overkill.

My NC10 has just been on holiday with me. Battery lasts forever. 7 hours is possible. Stored and viewed my raws, browsed via wireless networking and skyped home to keep in touch on the cheap.
I have done exactly this on quite a few trips and the NC10 has never let me down. Can't agree more with the long battery life, it can be a lifesaver sometimes.

Andy S

I have a NC10 also! From currys and branded NC110. I think its the same as an NC10

I done some digging and the Samsung is £330 at currys or you can pick it up refurbished in 'A1' condition at Laptops Direct, I might pick my self one up and a WD passport and bluetooth mouse with the change :thinking:

I use a Samsung NC10 - mainly for storing photos when I'm out travelling - its certainly very handy being able to check the days shots back at the hotel / B&B on a slightly bigger screen.

Also I have tracklogs installed on mine, which is handy for scouting out possible shoot locations!

Back