Best photography buy for under £150 ?

Edit My Images
No
My Birthday is looming up and I mainly like Wildlife photography , I think I got most of what I need , but was wondering what your best or favourite photography related item is that you can buy for under £150 ?

A portable hard drive for me, keeps my laptop hd free and my photos safe. I also back up all the raw files.

That's a shame, in the present circumstances I would be lost without my chair hide, just wouldn't get much in the way of bird photography at all. Hope you get a good present in the end.

Should do o.k , misses don`t go on line so need to choose for myself . :)

A Petrol Powered View-Finder. AKA a 'CAR' to get out and about and find stuff to take a photo of.
You can probably still find a working streetable car in the trade in lots for under £200... if not it'll still buy a lot of petrol or bus-tickets etc.
Or in short... best photographic purchases over the decades gave rarely been on stuff t take photo'#s with, but on stuff to take photos OF...

I love my Peak Design Capture Clip - great when out walking/hiking with a rucksack and getting speedy access to the camera.

Extension tubes. Make any lens a macro. Really good for both short and long lens. Don't buy the main branded ones (Canon ones are insane). I got some Jessops ones second hand for £20. Bloody bargain. :)

I can't post images yet but I have just knocked up a garden hide from an old gazebo that had been assigned to the skip.
I cut out all the damaged metal work, chopped up the dark green cover and threw a camo net over it. It stands about 1400 high (I could make it higher as I left the telescopic legs in)and has a footprint of approx. 1100x 1100 I can easily fit a tripod and one of the outside chairs in it........and a table for my dinner if needed :)

I have a spare damaged gazebo if anyone wants to collect it from north Lincolnshire, failing that try your local tip or advertise on Marketplace ;)
IMG_2429.jpeg
IMG_2430.jpeg

Last edited:
@DirtyLeeds

An interesting and inspired idea to repurpose a gazebo.........I look forward to seeing the end results of your enterprise :)

Last edited:
Any camera that makes you happy to use it any and all the time, rain or shine. Any where any time. (So a cheep little compact).

A good piece of processing software that does not involve lining Adobe's pockets.
There are a number of modestly priced raw developers and Affinity Photo is an absolute bargain as a substitute for Photoshop.

Back