best places to buy cameras and lenses?

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
So, seeing as I am about to spend a huge amount of money soon :puke: where is the best place to buy bodies and lenses?

I priced up everything from warehouse express because they seem to be cheaper than jessops and LCE... does anyone know of any good retailers that are cheaper than WEX ? anywhere where I can shave pennies of this purchase will make a big difference!

Warehouse Express are very good. Personally I think if you are spending lots of money to steer clear of anything 'grey' and dont touch Simply Electronics.

There is a guy on ebay selling some well priced lenses - mainly canon but odd nikon too. Think he has a new nikon 70-300VR for around £384 which is the best I have seen.

Check DigitalDepot on here, he has just give me a good price on a D300 and he did Cowasaki a great deal on a D700.

Jessops are pretty reasonable for body prices, I always feel better buying from a shop I can go into if anything goes wrong, but that is just my feelings on it.

Check out Kerso's prices. They are very competitive.

:plus1:

I've had good service and prices from Kerso - get a copy of his latest price list

Everything is relative of course... but if you are talking about a "huge" amount of money then ALWAYS ask for a discount over the normal prices. I can't think of many companies in todays economic climate that won't move a little on price for a decent size order.

But do stick to known companies like WE or Jessops etc., or individuals like Kerso who have an excellent track record and avoid the dodgy ones like the plague!

cheers

I can't fault Camerabox.co.uk, cheaper than all i've seen and next day delivery for 7.99
very good customer service too.

Back