best sensor cleaning tools

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
hiya everyone,this is my first post on these forums.

anyway what do you good people think is the best cleaning system for a dslr sensor.ive got a d200 and was really wondering which system you people use..

many thx ddog

I use digipads too - during the summer i clean about 1 sensor per week (i use three bodies, between my wife and i) but i dont use a rocket blower i use a large hand pump for blow up beds!
works really well

I can only comment on the Digipads as its all Ive ever used.
They do a great job, especially with wet "welded" particles like pollen or greasy deposits that a brush or dry clean wont shift.

i got the sensor swabs.. 12 of them cost £30 and used 8 on my first attempt!! ivnow ordered some of those sticky things.. not ideal as im a worrier!! but the swabs just made a bl""dy mess!!! thought id never get it clean.. i did get MOST off in the end..

It would have payed to have got the Butterfly thing....

The best system involves common sense and cleanliness!

This is what I do

But with the possible exception of the 'sensor pen' (see Antons review :) ) they all seem to work.

I've tried most things, including wet sensor cleaning (pec-pads and eclipse), visible dust brushes, and far the best (for me) is dust-aid

http://www.dust-aid.com/

Dust aid is what iv ordered a few days ago, i was hoping they would have arrived by now as there was still a lump of mud on my sensor, anyway, today i thought id have one last go with the swabs as iv re watched the video on you tube and came to the conclusion that id been way to soft on it!! i was very lightly wiping it, where as they look like they put a bit of a bend in the plastic handle.. i wasnt going to SCAPE it, but be a little firmer.. anyway i took a test shot first and low n behold, it was clean.. lol.. well, mostly.. so im not chancing it.. i'll wait for the dust aid.. :LOL:

If a blower doesn't work I go for Sensor Brush.

I initially tried the pads and fluid, which worked OK. But despite keeping the fluid in the fridge, as recommended, I found it had evaporated when I came to use it again. So I switched to the Brushes.

Having said that with a bit of care and attention I have hardly needed to use them. ( Looks for large piece of wood). I normally change lenses with the camera pointing down and always try to give the rear element of the lens a quick blow with a large blower before I fit it.

Back