Best signing pen for black mounts?

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Looking for a recommendation for a white pen that can write and be clear on a black mounts?

I used to sell my mounted images 'as is' but I've been approached by several people asking for the mounts to be signed. This isn't an issue with the white mounts as I some Pigma Micron pens that work well but black ink on black mounts don't work!

Thanks

The only truly white pens I am aware of are paint pens but they can be a mare when they dry out at the knib. Yes, they can be restarted..,.....,

PS my OH uses them to write slate plant labels. I will check the make and add it here.

PPS
@cardiff_gareth sorry for the delay....

The paint pens she uses are "Markal Pro-Line" and the fineline 1mm tipped one they call "Microline".

Last edited:
The only truly white pens I am aware of are paint pens but they can be a mare when they dry out at the knib. Yes, they can be restarted..,.....,

PS my OH uses them to write slate plant labels. I will check the make and add it here.

Thanks - that'd be ace thanks.

You could try white ink and a nib pen to dip in it. That's what I use to letter custom built fishing rods.

Otherwise Uni Posca pens are worth a look. I haven't used the white. https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN12119/uni-posca-marker-pen-pc-1mr-ultra-fine

My Pigma Micron is an 05 that has writes a 0.45mm line so that link looks good with the 0.7mm line. Will order one and try it out thanks.

The other thing you mentioned - are you saying white ink in a fountain pen?

Happy to try various ways to get a feel for what I prefer ;)

The other thing you mentioned - are you saying white ink in a fountain pen?
This stuff:

I use the 256 nib.

A Rotring pen and white ink would do the job too, but they're a bugger for clogging if not used regularly.

Have a look round the Cult Pens site for other white pens too, there might be something finer.

Back