Best Value "Old" Phone

Edit My Images
Yes
I need to replace my current Moto G2 as the battery life is now becoming problematic. As you can tell I'm not into upgrading my mobile every few months [emoji6]

My requirements are good screen for Netflix etc when I travel, reasonably robust, a decent camera and goodish battery life. I don't do video and not a gamer.

I've decided that I will probably go for a graded phone his time as my Sim only deal works for me. So looking for suggestions on what to get for a budget of £275.

I would like to stick with Android as I'm fairly comfortable with using that. My initial research has thrown up Sony Xperia XZ's which seem a possibility or a Huawei P20

You could wait for the Moto G7 range to come out shortly. I have the Moto G 3rd edition and havent a good enough reason to upgrade as the phones out there have shortcomings when compared to this 2015 model.

Have a look at Argos, they have loads of simm free phones within your price bracket,

Hi

I have always had a Moto from G2 onwards, currently have a G5 and that works well.

I recently bought my daughter a mi A2 Lite and for the money it is a very good phone.

It runs pure android.

When I next upgrade I will be looking at the Xiaomi brand.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Mi-A2-Lite-Black/dp/B07G7JQCNX?th=1&psc=1
Thanks for that currently checking out the reviews for the A2 Lite. My original thinking was to get a higher end phone for less money by buying used given the frequency with which they are released

Used Samsung are good but I just don’t like the Samsung Ui. Much prefer the pure android ui which the moto have. Definitely look at the A2 lite, it is a very solid phone.

One disadvantage of buying used, especially a phone from the lower end of the market, is that battery life may be an issue. It's not always the case, but something to be aware of.

I had the original MotoG and bought a refurb Samsung S5
Camera is pretty good photo and video.
Battery life is 3 days plus on standby, you can get a replacement battery under £5
Unlike MotoG it's easy to pop the back off and change.

Last edited:
I'm currently a Xiaomi fan, presently using a note 5 (right now, since I'm on holiday). Camera, screen, battery life all good. Some of the higher end Xaiomis are very good indeed, competing with flagships costing much more.

Pic from this evening:IMG_20190206_192320.jpeg

A friend of mine has a Nokia 8.1- very happy with it. Takes stunning pics.

Back