Best way to remove mark on mirror

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Can some-one give me advice abou the best way to get a black spec off my mirror?

I assume it's on the mirror as it does not show if I take a test shot against a white background. I can see the spec clearly through the view finder on my D40 between the left and middle focus points.

Thanks in advance.
Lee

Use a rocket blower to blow it off, best not to touch it really if you can help it!

Hi all,
Can some-one give me advice abou the best way to get a black spec off my mirror?

I assume it's on the mirror as it does not show if I take a test shot against a white background. I can see the spec clearly through the view finder on my D40 between the left and middle focus points.

Thanks in advance.
Lee
hi Yoshi,i had the same problem with mine when i changed lens,a small bit of dust got in,remove lens,go into menu and set mirror lock on,i used a large blower directed to the viewfinder area inslde the camera,luckily this cleared it for me,be carefull though do not touch any of the inside parts with the brush/straw.hope this helps Paul.(y)

nice one, thanks guys! Is there a specific blower I should get? are the rocket ones best or hurricane?
Are they for different things?

hi Yoshi,i had the same problem with mine when i changed lens,a small bit of dust got in,remove lens,go into menu and set mirror lock on,i used a large blower directed to the viewfinder area inslde the camera,luckily this cleared it for me,be carefull though do not touch any of the inside parts with the brush/straw.hope this helps Paul.(y)

If you used the mirror lock up you would have been unable to clean either the mirror or the focussing screen as the mirror would have been flipped up against the screen. If you did manage to clear it this way it may well have been coincidence that it cleared at a similar time.

if the black spot is sharp it is likely that it is on the focussing screen, you would need to use an air blower to try to dislodge it (do not touch anything within the camera body with the blower), whilst annoying it should not effect your images.

If you used the mirror lock up you would have been unable to clean either the mirror or the focussing screen as the mirror would have been flipped up against the screen. If you did manage to clear it this way it may well have been coincidence that it cleared at a similar time.

if the black spot is sharp it is likely that it is on the focussing screen, you would need to use an air blower to try to dislodge it (do not touch anything within the camera body with the blower), whilst annoying it should not effect your images.
yes your right,just take of the lens and blow around the viewfinder area,this did remove the dot from the viewfinder,i had to use mirror lock to remove dust which was shown on pictures,:bonk: silly me.

ahh right OK, thanks for clearing that up.

When you use a blower, try to hold the camera with the lens mount facing down. That way there's half a chance that any particles will fall out.

If they stay inside, one day they might end up on the sensor, as the mirror causes a lot of turbulance when it flaps up and down.

ok thanks. I have no idea how the pesky spot got there in the first place, I always change lens with the camera body facing down to try and avoid getting anything in there.

Back