Best wide angle lenses for sony a7iii

I'm having this trouble also. Considered getting the 10-18 APSC lens and just dealing with the crop factor!

Hi, ZEISS Loxia 2,8/21 I take when visiting cities, and for landscapes. (I have 12, 15, 18 and 20mm lenses, too, but these are not native...)

I have the 24GM which is excellent but I don’t really seem to get on with it. Always seems not wide or long enough.24mm is an odd focal length for me. Would love a 20mm G.M.

The 16-35 f/4 is decent enough for what I use a wide angle lens for. The 16-35 G.M is well thought off.

Cheap old Tokina 17mm f3.5 and Vivitar 19mm f3.8 both in Minolta SA mount and mounted via a Novoflex adapter.

"Best" is very subjective, its really depends how wide you want - Ultra Wide the Sony 12-24 f4 lens is highly rated and really as wide as it gets in E Mount.
The 16-35 f2.8 is also an incredible lens with a price-tag to match! and the f4 version has always been highly rated too.

Personally I find 20/21mm to be wide enough for the sort of landscapes and cityscape stuff I shoot and the Zeiss Loxia 21mm f2.8 is probably my all-time favourite lens of all time (Alongside the Sigma 35mm f1.4 and Fuji 23mm f1.4!!)

Back