Better helicopter photos

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Unfortunately, we had Kent Air Ambulance attending the rugby today due to an injury to one of the juniors. This little lad ended up going in a road ambulance so I thought it might be okay taking pictures of the Air Ambulance as it didn't have a patient in. I took the advice that was given to me on here the other day, so hope it shows:

IMG_3270.JPG

one with the paramedic car in as well..
IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

They are very good 'copter pics Kelack ... (y) ... just captures the rotors in action very well ... ;)

:p

Thank you :D

See I do listen - my husband has this misconception that I don't :LOL::LOL:

Ooer - just noticed, might need a tad straightening - whoops

True:LOL:

excellent - shutter speed spot on to catch the rotors! (y)

'copters are difficult beasts to capture Kel but I think you've got this lot just about spot on. :clap:

Bob

:D for someone who doesn't go out to take aviation pictures you are doing quite well!

These a big improvement over the other pictures. You have some nice rotor blur and much better metering. The weather is just as bad though ;)

All good photo's but the last one is a great image, shutter speed is spot on and I think the tree's work well as a dark background to the copter, and it hides the dust bunnies on your sensor ;-)

Alan

Thanks all, I'm pretty pleased with them :D

Just noticed the dust bunnies, wonder where they are then, will have to get a cleaning kit

I hope that was a spelling mistake Ryan :LOL:

Good stuff and, despite bad circumstances, you're not one to miss an opportunity are you Kel ;)

Can't believe you've got dust bunnies on the sensor already, especially with the 40d's cleaning system... I'd check your lens first. Do you have a blower?

Course I'm not mate, I did hesitate as I thought it wasn't proper but as soon as the lad was put in the other ambulance, I thought it might be okay. Took quite a few though, so there's a running joke now at the club "Did you see the helicopter? Kelly might have a couple of pictures...." :LOL:

I'd not noticed the dust bunnies :( til Alan said

I'll check my lens. Don't have a blower, but Dave might have over the road so I might pop over and see if I can borrow that until I get mine

let's hope it was meant to be sLick
cos I, for one, think it is!

Nice shots.
Its almost impossible to get a complete rotation on the blades with a chopper and still keep the image sharp.You've struck a nice balance there.
Nice one.

Nice shots.
Nice rotor blur.:thumbs

re "sick", this is a young persons colloquialism for "very good"
Dean:)

...re "sick", this is a young persons colloquialism for "very good"
Dean:)

then I am officially old (& grumpy) that is weird:shrug:

:D Thanks all

Mmm, I must be old (and grumpy) as well then :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well, here's an update - which I am very chuffed with - I emailed these ones to KAAT (Kent Air Ambulance Trust) and asked whether they wanted more and they have said yes and could they use them on future marketing and their website. :D:D:D:D

I have asked only that they credit me and the response was of course they would should they use them.

Okay, it's not a paying job (wouldn't think of asking them for money at all) but it's something(y)

Oh and I'll get the dust bunnies out and straighten them first lol

well done you!:clap:

Back