Better than Tesco!

crusher

Greengrass
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst the Mrs had a wander around our local Tesco, I decided to have a wander along the footpath of a nearby stream - I just happened to have my camera with me:D

Found this beautiful chap sitting at the top of a tree and managed to fire off a couple of shots before it flew off:

Kestrel by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Kestrel by Keith Burton, on Flickr

C & C always welcome. Taken with my D300 and Nikon 70-300mm VR.

Nice couple of shots, must have been yesterday as it was cold and grey there today.

It's ALWAYS cold and grey at Tesco's :thumbsdown: :D

Well caught Sir, GOT to be better than mooning around a supermarket with the Mrs!!

Buy one get one free by any chance Keith :shrug:
A very nice pair of images of a male, Kessie. Nicely done, (y)
I prefer the first for a couple of reasons though,
1) the pose
2) the 2nd looks a tad light on my screen.
But thats just me :D

The first image is my fav, nice and sharp with good detail and colour, well spotted.

Superb, you did well to get so close before if flew away.

Lovely captures Keith, with some nice lighting and blue sky background. Well done.

Regards: Gordon

Nice shots esp No1, colour and sharpness, every little helps.

I'd be interested to know roughly how close you got to approach before getting the shot, cos I can't get that close to the sparrows who live in my roof and spend all day in the garden!:bang:

Nice couple of shots, must have been yesterday as it was cold and grey there today.

Thanks Ken.......and yes, it was yesterday. A lovely sunny evening!

great set of shots ... better than club points these pal
regards ian

Thanks.........it was my first shot of one of these in the wild!

It's ALWAYS cold and grey at Tesco's :thumbsdown: :D

Well caught Sir, GOT to be better than mooning around a supermarket with the Mrs!!

ANYTHING is better than shopping (unless it's photography related:D Thanks for your kind comment.

Buy one get one free by any chance Keith :shrug:
A very nice pair of images of a male, Kessie. Nicely done, (y)
I prefer the first for a couple of reasons though,
1) the pose
2) the 2nd looks a tad light on my screen.
But thats just me :D

Thanks mate.......I'm glad it didn't BOGOF before I got the shots. Just goes to show you should always have your camera to hand. I prefer the first shot myself but the second could be a touch light!

The first image is my fav, nice and sharp with good detail and colour, well spotted.

Thanks for popping in and commenting. Much appreciated.

Excellent pin sharp set.

I like no.1 as well.

Thank you.....glad you like it.

Superb, you did well to get so close before if flew away.

Thanks.......I think I was quite lucky. The footpath can be quite busy, but it was quiet at the time.

Lovely captures Keith, with some nice lighting and blue sky background. Well done.

Regards: Gordon

Ta very much.......I was really lucky with the weather (for a change)!

Great shots, prefer the first one i rather the colours on the bird.

Thank you.....very kind.

Nice shots esp No1, colour and sharpness, every little helps.

Thanks........seems No1 has the edge for most of you.

I'd be interested to know roughly how close you got to approach before getting the shot, cos I can't get that close to the sparrows who live in my roof and spend all day in the garden!:bang:

Thanks for commenting.........the tree it was in was about 30 feet away from me and it was 20 feet or so tall (approx). It didn't stay long and I was really lucky to get the shots.

Excellent shots,Keith, they always fly away when they see i have a camera. Regards Rob.

You get two thumbs up one for avoiding Tesco and second for the great picture

Two great shots Keith :clap::clap: and I would be well happy with either (y)

Very nice Keith, looks great against the blue sky.
See them often around here hovering but not perched anywhere

blue sky and a great shot far better than going to Tesco .
Rob.

Oooh you bugger :razz:

:D

Nah, stunning mate, really well done :clap:
Often thought about having a wander round there.
On the other side of the road, next to where the Dolphin pub was, I often see a Little Egret in that pond.........

Thank you once again for all your kind comments. They are all much appreciated(y)

@ Andy......yes mate, the Egret is often in that pond, but it's a busy little footpath along there and he doesn't stay long. I've seen it a couple of times as I've driven past, but by the time I've stopped, parked up and gone back its been gone:LOL:

Very nice...if only my Tesco yielded such opportunities, though mine is potentially Honey Buzzard territory!

Thanks once again folks........all much appreciated:)

Back