Betws y Coed Water

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, I've finally been brave enough to post some of my photo's;) (I hope Ive managed to insert them OK) They're of Betws earlier in the year, and predictably, of milky water from the falls in the centre of the town.

I'd very much like C&C though.

Cheers

FP

Betws_water-21.jpg

Betws_water-31.jpg

3 - This one is from Conwy, just up the A5
Conwy_Falls1.jpg

Hi fp, very nice shots, I was trying to decide which is my favourite but can't, I like them all, I would have been pleased if I had taken these, well done, look forward to seeing more of your images :clap:

nice set of shots.....

the water certainly does look cold. the first shot os my favourite

i think the first one seems to be better composed and seems to work that little bit better, the last one is ok, just looks more like a snap not as well thought through as the first IMO.

Maybe you could crop it and tweak levels to have more attention on the waterfall

Superb photos! My father in law spends alot of time there.

I know the area really well ,and these do the rapids real justice,in fact next time I am up there I need to take my tripod and get some like this.

Sorry to nit pick bit its Betws Y Coed

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated:)

I saw my typo too - but couldn't find away to edit the title.

I was a little worried that the scene's had been done to death, as the rapids are easy to get too and therefore get the same shots.

Agree, some pleasant shots, although a couple of minor nits:

Some of your whites are a bit hot (or blown), I find with these kind of shots is to expose for the highlights, you can always pull back the shadows and midtones in PS, but at least you will have some highlight detail.

In your first shot in the bottom left third, there is a short line going diagonally across the flow, and a couple of small dust spots bottom left that I'd consider cloning.

I was a little worried that the scene's had been done to death, as the rapids are easy to get too and therefore get the same shots.

A good shot is ALWAYS a good shot - doesn't matter if 10,000 peeps have done it before you

Les is correct in his 'blown' bits comment too - if you haven't already, then set your camera to show the blown highlights (known as 'Blinkies') as it helps a lot in such cases

DD

The cold surroundings make a change for this sort of shot but I still hate milky water pictures :)

Back