Beware!!!! Prize winner scam

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
Beware of this scam.
I've Just received this email, stating I've won $350,000.
It has a form attached asking for all of my personal details:
Where I live, job status, how many kids, bank account details, security code, lucky numbers, etc......

Have a read of the email below:

FILE REF N°: 56631/DPA/412

BATCH N°: 612L/5661/LDNL

Attn: Winner

This is to inform you officially that we acknowledge the receipt of your e-mail with request to file for your winning prize. Sequel to the winning notification email that you have received from the operational manager , certifies that you have won a lump sum of $350,000.00 (Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand USD)only,in our recent international computer promotion program .

However, we will like to congratulate you once again for being a winner in this remarkable event You are also adviced to keep all the vital informations from public notice, until your winning funds is duely processed and remitted into your nominated bank account.This is to avoid double claimants and also un-warranted abuse of the legal protocol stipulated upon your winning prize.

After due verification exercise,it is confirmed that your email address is the lucky winner of our international email lottery prize. As a result of this,you are requested to download your email-attachment,fill the form appropriately and send it back to this office for processing via fax-number(0031-847-54-2003)/email attachment.

NB: Upon the receipt of your duly filled claim form, we shall then forward you the below listed documents:-

1.PAYMENT SCHEME B6 FORM (which you have to specify your mode of payment)

2.CLAIM AFFIDAVIT (to enable us obtain a transfer approval from the Netherlands high court)

Finally, you are also requested to return this form along with a copy of your identity(id/passport/Driver's Licence.
Once more congratulations and i looking forward to hear from you soonest.

Best regards,
Mr Carl Kellison.
Head Remittance Dept,
DPA(financialpeople)Consultancy Agency.
Amsterdam-Netherlands.
Tel: (+31) 652-241-545
Fax: (+31) 847-542-003
Opening hours:
Mon-Fri: 8.30cet - 19.00cet
Saturday: 8.30cet - 17.00cet

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent them a reply, asking them to place their prize where the sun doesn't shine. :D

Thanks for the warning, and hopefully it will help those not so net savvy.
For those that are very net savvy, it's as old as houses, along with the Dr Umbegwumba Choo Choo emails stating that he has just stumbled on 429,385329,259257395,234 dollars and wishes to give it to you.
And the Netherland lottery (which is very very similar to this one).

They simply use posh words, technical phrases, legal jargon, and the promise of money to tap into the recipients greed, and rip them off.

Regards

lol...thats another one rumbled

Bod said:
Dr Umbegwumba Choo Choo emails stating that he has just stumbled on 429,385329,259257395,234 dollars and wishes to give it to you.
I've had a couple from him :nut: ..... Ya just can't give it away can ya! :eyesup:
PS: I believe at some point I also won the Canadian lottery or summit, didn't even know I had put it on.....I wouldn't care but until I got the computer in I had never ever won a thing :confused-

hehe aren't these computers wonderful? You just have to have one to win all these prizes!!

Back