Beyond 1:1 macro

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I have started to find small insects and spiders that still appear very small even when using 1:1 on my sigma 105 lens, if i were to use a 1.4x converter would i get 1.4:1?.

Anybody tried a ranox on a macro lens and if so what were the results like ?

Thanks
Paul.

I have started to find small insects and spiders that still appear very small even when using 1:1 on my sigma 105 lens, if i were to use a 1.4x converter would i get 1.4:1?.

Anybody tried a ranox on a macro lens and if so what were the results like ?

Thanks
Paul.

Paul,

A t/c will work but you'd be better off buying a set of extension tubes. They'll reduce the minimum focus distance and allow you to get greater magnification without any perceived loss og sharpness....the t/c will undoubtably nobble the IQ a little bit and is far more expensive.

Bob

Paul,

A t/c will work but you'd be better off buying a set of extension tubes. They'll reduce the minimum focus distance and allow you to get greater magnification without any perceived loss og sharpness....the t/c will undoubtably nobble the IQ a little bit and is far more expensive.

Bob
:thinking: My next door neighbour has a set of extension tubes.....i feel a plan coming together.

Thanks Bob.

Paul,

A full set of Kenko tubes will give you approximately double the native magnification (1:1) when you are at the minimum focus distance.

Bob

RObert those are AMAZING! Is it possible we can get a few more details, possibly a photo of your setup and how you attatched the 50mm in front of the sigma?
Thanks!

got myself some kenko extension tubes on thursday and i'm amazed with the results...i've not done a lot of macro as of yet,but i took this this arvo...

DSC03476_filtered.jpg

it's the end of a padlock approx 2" in size.

Looking at that shot Stan, it seems you've got what's needed now.

Bob

Back