Beyond the Rocks of Solitude

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
There is a place on the North Esk called the Rocks of Solitude. I went on up river after the path stopped & found this. Think it looks a bit spooky for some reason:thinking:
Rock_pool1.jpg

Nice, does look rather spooky indeed, I think it's the colour and texture that does it in the foreground.

What an amazing shot. It looks very spooky but I love the colours and your composition (y)

love the foreground - excellent

yea, that is good (y)

I like it, not too sure about the vignetting at top left and bottom right though :( filter holder or something? Lovely shot though :)

I like it, not too sure about the vignetting at top left and bottom right though :( filter holder or something? Lovely shot though :)
oops sorry about that. I never noticed it. Cokins finest gets in on the act again!:bang:

Very nice Charlie, the foreground could be a picture in it's own right, it looks like a miniature mountain range.

A lovely shot, well seen and as others have already said, the foreground makes it. Finding the right exposure couldn't have been easy, so well handled.

Is this with the D300 or hasn't that arrived yet?

Thanks for all the kind comments.
Yes taken with the D300 in what was really very poor light.

Did you use flash to highlight the front of the shot? I love it but I am confused by the lighting.

Did you use flash to highlight the front of the shot? I love it but I am confused by the lighting.

No I did not use flash. I can see what you are thinking though. The foreground rocks being lighter than the rest.
That is natures work. These rocks get washed clean every time there is a flood. Thats why the rock pool is rounded. Caused by swirling water & probably pebbles too in a flood. It also explains why there is little of the dark moss on them that is covering the others. Hope that helps!

very nice indeed (y)

Very nice - well worth the walk :) A good advert for the D300 and your photo skills. Thanks for sharing it :clap::clap::clap:
Excellent shot:clap: You must be pleased with your new D300. Looking forward to more of this superb quality(y)

Excellent shot:clap: You must be pleased with your new D300. Looking forward to more of this superb quality(y)

I am very pleased with it & all I have to do now is plough my way through the instruction manual!!!!

Back