BIF test

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Just some test shots with the 7D. Not very interesting but the only subject's I could find in the time I had.

030211_SWP_28.jpg

030211_SWP_18.jpg

030211_SWP_16.jpg

Not very interesting,.......IMO they are great and i enjoyed them.

Looking good David, have not tried mine yet for BIF shots but might get a chance Sunday at the local park. Care to share your settings :naughty: :LOL:

Thanks David (y) pretty close to what I thought I would use anyway. I notice he has sensitivty for tracking set at mid point as default so to speak.

They look nice and sharp Rich, I think seagulls can be a lot of fun to photograph. ;)

Coming from a 40D to the 7D by far the biggest plus for birds in flight with the 7D is the ability to set the AI Servo tracking sensitivity to slow - this makes BIF a breeze IMO. With the 40D the moment you lose the bird it would lock on to something else in the background but with the 7D when you set the sensitivity to slow it gives you plenty of time to get back on the bird before it locks onto to something else. Combine this with single point expansion and BIF becomes ridiculously easy.

Great set David, number 2 especially for me, it seems you have mastered the 7D quickly, well done on these pics (y)

We all have our own preferences, I set tracking to medium slow with point expansion, but thats just my choice, if it works for you then its the right setting. No doubt I'll change my mind again in time :thinking: :D

Always keen to oblige for BIF shots are Gulls, like the 2nd one, lovely feather detail (y)

Back