Big cats experience days

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, with my big 50th looming the wife wants to treat me to a big cats experience as something special and a day to remember. I'm based in Herts and was looking at the Welwyn big cats and was wondering if anybody has feedback and has been. Love to hear of any others fairly local that do similar days ideally within a 2 hour radius. Thanks for any help and looking forward to my birthday

I've been twice, but not for a few years it was very good, both times.
Some of the enclosure can be a tad challenging, but if its an organised photo day, they do their damnest to set the shots up for you (y)

This was taken there and it was what set me on my course to capture the ultimate gob shot :D

IMG_3340
by Chris, on Flickr

Is this the Cat Survival Trust?

If so I went on an organised photo day some many years back. It was a great experience and as Cobra mentions at that time they made it very welcoming and I may be mixing it up with another location but if my memory is right there were enclosures with "two layer" fencing i.e. an inner and an outer......we were after a briefing allowed inside the first barrier.

So, cannot comment on what it might be like now but on that experience back then I would recommend it :)

Thanks both of u. Yeah it is the Cat survival trust so all the money goes to a great cause

I have done this with my wife at the WHF (now rebranded as the big cat sanctuary) & is highly recommended..

Gob shots galore... lol

DSC_0932 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

DSC_1073 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

DSC_1227 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

DSC_1573 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

White lions3 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

So in short, do it.

1. You will have fun
2. Take lots of cards
3. Take lots of batteries
4. Don't take flash - you won't be using it
5. Don't take a tripod - again you won't be using it
6. DONT GO IN SUMMER>>>>> The animals just don't like heat - They don't move around as much.
7. 70-200mm is ideal - even at times a little BIG..

link:
https://www.photographersonsafari.com/kent-world-heritage-foundation-big-cats-photography-whf/

but if my memory is right there were enclosures with "two layer" fencing i.e. an inner and an outer......we were after a briefing allowed inside the first barrier.
That's the one (y)

Back