Big eared rabbit!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I would say "What a cute rabbit" except of course it isn't a rabbit. It's a drain fly - and I suspect it's dead, seeing as it didn't bother to move...

1080rabbit1.jpg

Paul.

Thats really cool and what a find there Paul, I guess it will be another "to find" insect to go on Byrns long list that is growing weekly lol
Tbh I have never heard of a drain fly until now.

Thats really cool and what a find there Paul, I guess it will be another "to find" insect to go on Byrns long list that is growing weekly lol
Tbh I have never heard of a drain fly until now.

Cheers Graham :)

Great capture guess it was near your compost bin as they love mine.

@Graham this is on the done list thanks ;)

On the top of the wheelie bin which is 4 feet away from the compost bin... :)

Paul.

Great shot Paul with good composition and a nice neutral background. If I'm honest I've never heard of a drain fly.(y)

George.

Well, I have never seen or even heard of these before. Unfortunate name for such a pretty thing.

Great shot Paul with good composition and a nice neutral background. If I'm honest I've never heard of a drain fly.(y)

George.

Well, I have never seen or even heard of these before. Unfortunate name for such a pretty thing.

Thank you both :)

Paul.

I have a few shots of some of these. Never managed to get something I was happy with though so haven't tried processing yet. They do seem to curl up on themselves. This is a really good, clear image, it's great to see the detail on the wings like that. Well captured Paul!

I have a few shots of some of these. Never managed to get something I was happy with though so haven't tried processing yet. They do seem to curl up on themselves. This is a really good, clear image, it's great to see the detail on the wings like that. Well captured Paul!

Thank you Timmy. There are usually good few in my compost.

I didn't check any time later to see if had moved, so I still think it might have popped its clogs...

Paul.

Back