Big Greenie!

Name
Douglas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

A very rare visitor, this one, and whilst I have a few of him on the feeder, it's unusual to get him in his element!!

Biggreenie.jpg

Another one that is almost impossible to photograph. These are the fastest moving little birds!!

ct1.jpg

Another visitor - but there's no shortage of these!!

hereslookingatyou2.jpg

Do you really not have many greenfinches up there Doug?

I have more of these than sparrows on my feeders!

Do you really not have many greenfinches up there Doug?

I have more of these than sparrows on my feeders!

High Janice,

I have 1,325,671,899 sparrows, and half as many goldfinches, but greenies are quite rare, and they are usually on the feeders.

Of course, I have NO long tailed tits.:bang:

Well done Doug for getting the greenfinch shot looking natural (y) Having the same problem , going straight on the feeder ,only managed one shot so far .I will swap you 1000 sparrows 6 greenfinches 1 greater spotted woodpecker 2 long tailed tits for 1 of your goldfinch's. Can not get one for love or money .

Nah nah nah-nah nah!! :woot:

greenfinch.jpg

Goldfinch.jpg

longtailedtit.jpg

I was just giving you some inspiration, Doug .. perhaps youd better come south to get those LTT's.

(Did I really just invite you to come south?? :eek: :naughty: :D :LOL: )

I was just giving you some inspiration, Doug .. perhaps youd better come south to get those LTT's.

(Did I really just invite you to come south?? :eek: :naughty: :D :LOL: )

Janice!! We've only known each other for a few months, and I'm happily married!!

..................... but for a Long tailed tit:love: who knows:LOL:

What lens are you using on the bird shots?

Thanks

Tim

These shots were taken with a 400mm f5.6L, with an EF X2 extender, as they were taken from some distance. I usually just use the 400.

Janice!! We've only known each other for a few months, and I'm happily married!!

..................... but for a Long tailed tit:love: who knows:LOL:

Oh god, not another one for the "one for the girls" thread!!! :D :LOL:

Back