Big Linda

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Here is a few of a band called Big Linda, I got the chance to take my camera to some charity work I was doing at this years Download Festival, couldn't get to the main stage but got a couple of acts on the Gibson Stage

Download_Festival_3950.jpg

Download_Festival_4043.jpg

Download_Festival_4040.jpg

Download_Festival_4036.jpg

Amazing control of the lighting in these with the spots in the background. Lovely and sharp too.

I like them all (y)

Excellent set mate and welcome. These are all really well controlled, the light and the sharpness, I'm very impressed.
What kit did you use?

Andy

Thanks both for the kind comments, I was very happy with them myself as this was my first attempt at concert photography, although I had read up on the subject before hand.

I used a D300 and a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8, using aperture priority resulting in 1/30 - 1/60 @ 2.8 for most shots but as you can guess the settings varied wildly with the lighting, after that i used exposure compensation to fine tune as i took shots, guessing mainly when it was needed, and i chimped a lot LOL

Hey Cannock Wolf!

I'm giving up!, I cant get close to anything like that......... those are some of the best gig shots I've seen in a long time.

Hello to another midlander aswell!

Hey Cannock Wolf!

I'm giving up!, those are some of the best gig shots I've seen in a long time.

Hello to another midlander aswell!

WOW thanks again, im blushing here :LOL:

Heres a couple from another band, The Last Supper, who where on before these, there lighting set was brighter (y)

Download_Festival_3186_Edit.jpg

Download_Festival_3262.jpg

Download_Festival_3442.jpg

Back