Bikes @ Knockhill today (01/04/07)

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
Went to knockhill today to do some college stuff on film but also took the digital with me for when my film ran out, here's what I came up with :-

all in Av mode, with a 70-200 or 50-500 + canon 20D

Knockhill4.jpg

Knockhill5.jpg

Knockhill9.jpg

Knockhill24.jpg

Knockhill30.jpg

Knockhill33.jpg

Knockhill34.jpg

Knockhill35.jpg

Nice shots there. Looks like the light was very difficult to deal with from your position. I think the 4th one is probably the best, but somehow I like the last the best myself - slightly unusual crop/composition, but looks great IMO.
Well done mate. :)

I'd go for the fourth too. First one looks way oversharpened on my laptop, could just be the screen though.

Yeah they look a little noisy on my monitor here too.

Av for moving stuff isn't the route I would have gone down though, neither is ISO400 as it looks quite bright.

Nice set of shots, think my favourite is number 4 to, although maybe if the rider in the background was a little more visible (as in helmet and shoulders) then it would be superb.

Thanks for all the comments guys (y)

How come not in Av? I was using it with +1/3 to 1 stop dialed in? I found that I had to change all the time with manual as I wanted to go from panning to action stoping. Where as with Av I just had to put the f-stop to the number I wanted and the camera would sort it from their?

Hi Ally, number 4 best but its border line on the sharpening...the rest are over sharpened ( halos way too visable ) and some of the exposures are iffy. What are you doing to them from the raw image....what is you PP flow ?

cheers
Iain

I like #2 , but the action shots are (apart from #3) at too high a shutter speed.

Stick it in shutter priority mode next time and keep the speeds down below (something like) 1/320 for head-on and 1/200 for the pans.

Looks like it was a nice bright day up there.

:)

Back