Bird Mixture

Kim

Name
Kim
Edit My Images
Yes
Well the weekend was supposed to be my weeeknd off, but by day out togging got cut short when I was called into work after someone called on sick.

Went over to Faversham with the intentio0n of doing a bit of cemetery photography but it seemed I ended up shooting anything but.

Here are a couple of bird shots from the day. I thinnk my processing has a little to be desired (I still struggle wioth that part). Tell me what you think, even if that means being mean ;)

Blackbird (Hen)
3670742245_982bff6439_o.jpg

2.Robin (Juv - I think)
3671551706_5df1893c9a_o.jpg

3. Dove
3671551250_cccc20a560_o.jpg

No1 - good
No2 - ??
No3 - Too many shapes all mixed up. A bit like disturbed pattern camouflage.

No1 - good
No2 - ??
No3 - Too many shapes all mixed up. A bit like disturbed pattern camouflage.

Thats cool..............No. 1 is my fav.
No. 2 I think I just need a bird ID more than anything.
No. 3.............................you think that looks disturbed..............you should have seen it when I tried it in black & white :puke:

Kim

1 Nice pose and composition, looks a touch underexposed, not a lot, but could be that the light was not in a favourable position, always best when the sun is coming over your shoulder.

2 The juv Robin, again is a lighting problem, the trouble is that it is in deep shade, and is not getting any light to give it any definition.

3 That is confusing, to improve it you would need to have got to the side of it and opened up to your largest aperture to try and blur out the background.

The good news is that they are all in focus, you just need to come to terms with the light, and making it work for you. Early morning, or late afternoon is good the sun starts to get lower in the sky, if you can get it at and angle to the bird, the definition and perceived sharpness will improve, without doing anything different.

Not sure which lens you are using, but in your first shot I would think you were using a large aperture as the background is blurring, this helps in making the image pop.

Last but not least the image could do with a bit of sharpening, all digital images do.

If you want I can quickly do something to your first image and post it here so you can see what I mean

Kim

1 Nice pose and composition, looks a touch underexposed, not a lot, but could be that the light was not in a favourable position, always best when the sun is coming over your shoulder.

2 The juv Robin, again is a lighting problem, the trouble is that it is in deep shade, and is not getting any light to give it any definition.

3 That is confusing, to improve it you would need to have got to the side of it and opened up to your largest aperture to try and blur out the background.

The good news is that they are all in focus, you just need to come to terms with the light, and making it work for you. Early morning, or late afternoon is good the sun starts to get lower in the sky, if you can get it at and angle to the bird, the definition and perceived sharpness will improve, without doing anything different.

Not sure which lens you are using, but in your first shot I would think you were using a large aperture as the background is blurring, this helps in making the image pop.

Last but not least the image could do with a bit of sharpening, all digital images do.

If you want I can quickly do something to your first image and post it here so you can see what I mean

Cheers for that. Hearing they are all in focus is a huge plus so pleaqsed with that.

The robin, I was pretty much sat underneather it where it was in the tree.

For all three shots I used a 170-500mm Sigma "thingy". At leasrt I know I am making progress in the right direction.

Kim just sharpening and tweaking the levels has give it a bit of an edge, but it would be better adjusting the full size image rather than the reduced one, however it will give an idea. See how it lifts the eye and makes it stand out.

Back